cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Here Is A New One

I just relisted 5 items from my unsold listings. I just had a sale so I printed my label and checked my PAYMENTS Tab to reconcile my finances and LOW and BEHOLD there is a $1.00 GALLERY FEE for a listing that I did NOT relist. I just ENDED this listing in question. It is sitting in my UNSOLDS? How does this happen? Now I am waiting for CS to give me a call to get a credit for this. On top of this the item is a small pottery creamer and when I checked the ended listing it is showing as having been listed in POTTERY AND GLASS--COOKWARE,DINNERWARE,SERVERWARE-PLATES! I never knew there was such a category and I never listed this item in this category? I would never list a creamer in PLATES???

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

So Here Is A New One

Others are posting also about this Gallery fee fiasco.......oy to the vey. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

It seems to be something with the category restructure that is in progress.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

Are you stating that one of the relisted items just sold with a $1.00 gallery fee?

When you relisted, it should show any fees before you posted the relisting. 

Is this another possible issue with the updates going on?

Side note: I always make sure I remove International shipping before relisting. It always seems to be an automatic eBay thing unless you change. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

I have had this happen with the bulk listing tool -selling fees say 0 fees and then in my statement there are several additional listing fees- either auction fees that should have been free or the mysterious gallery fee, I have been refunded, but it takes several calls and many explanations to get an actual refund. wit e bay it is persistence and patience that get me by. But moving to other sites without these problems is getting to be my go to answer 20+ years here, I am listing on artsy and murcuri. Easy seamless listing no daily requests for item specifics that I have put in several times and check the " do not notify me of this again, but they do over and over again. This site is broken. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

@ekmadonna @flo_mingo @sextons-sweet-deals @katzrul15 

It looks like the main topic of the day has been determined.

Oh the good old days of 'can I sell seeds' or 'which way to the seller school campus'...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

I got my credit, BUT I was directed or told that I NEED TO GO THROUGH ALL MY 1,800 ACTIVE LISTINGS AND CHECK IF I HAVE GALLERY CHECKED OFF? I only use GALLERY when it is FREE and NEVER Pay FOR IT. I was also given a SERVICE NUMBER to use if this happens again. Apparently this New Glitch is programmed to  RETROACTIVELY CHARGE YOU A GALLERY FEE when they MOVE our listings from the OLD CATEGORY with FREE GALLERY to the NEW CATEGORY WITH THE UPCHARGE! 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

@ekmadonna 

This is bad.........wow.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

I am sorry to hear about the Gallery Fee charge. I was about to be charged, for revising a current live listing, for changing my shipping cost price. I caught it just in time, as I scrolled down to the bottom of the page to click "submit"...I saw the .35 fee,  just above the submit button/tab. So I backed out of the revision page. It's on all my accounts, this fee charge problem(.35 cents, for editing a listing -what???).  I use the 250 free listings option to list, I do not have a store. I hope they resolve your Gallery photo issue.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

Welcome to the NEW EBAY! See these Delightful, Destructive Changes here:

https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/categorychanges.html

Check out this out as well:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

AND be sure to uncheck those ONCE FREE GALLERY PLUS boxes because they're not free anymore. I have $1 charges as of today!

OH JOY TO THE WORLD during this eBay Holiday Season debacle!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

@ekmadonna wrote:

I just relisted 5 items from my unsold listings. I just had a sale so I printed my label and checked my PAYMENTS Tab to reconcile my finances and LOW and BEHOLD there is a $1.00 GALLERY FEE for a listing that I did NOT relist. I just ENDED this listing in question. It is sitting in my UNSOLDS? How does this happen? Now I am waiting for CS to give me a call to get a credit for this. On top of this the item is a small pottery creamer and when I checked the ended listing it is showing as having been listed in POTTERY AND GLASS--COOKWARE,DINNERWARE,SERVERWARE-PLATES! I never knew there was such a category and I never listed this item in this category? I would never list a creamer in PLATES???

Hey @ekmadonnaThis was determined to be a technical issue impacting a small number of listings, and has now been fixed. We will be crediting impacted Sellers as quickly as possible - no calls to Customer Service are needed, as this will be done automatically.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

So Here Is A New One

EBay seems to be having a LOT of technical glitches these days. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply