cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping overseas

I don't ship overseas. Someone out of the country just bought an item and paid for it  without even shipping cost naturally. I have no boxes checked for international and it say's no for all the countries listed. So I contact him and tell him and go in and put U.S. only in every auction in description and go to give him his money back and I am suppose to pay $4.50 to give him his money back because ebay let him bid? They are forever messing with wanting to take over and control auctions why don't they just sell it on their own? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping overseas

Shipping to Puerto Rico is a domestic service and is no different than shipping to any other Zone 6 (or above depending on your location).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Shipping to Puerto Rico is a domestic service and is no different than shipping to any other Zone 6 (or above depending on your location).

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If a buyer registered in another country is able to pay for your item and you don't have international shipping set up, that means that they have a US address.  If they didn't have a US address, they wouldn't be able to pay.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Writing US only does absolutely nothing to stop international buyers.  You have to go to your shipping preferences and block them.

Go to the shipping preferences page>exclude shipping locations. https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf/excludeRegions This is where you can block anywhere you don't want to ship to. To block, make sure the box is checked off (filled in). If the box is filled in, the area/country is blocked. You can apply it to your live listings, just check the box. Be sure to select save. This will keep buyers in areas you don't want to ship from seeing your listings.

Also go here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements and block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.

When you set up your listings, in the shipping section select US only.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I think it is. Shipping should say ship only to the 48 lower states. My fault as I'm having trouble even getting around in e-bay. I knew it was US but I have to fill out a customs form and lose quit a bit. This use to be fun. Not no more. Thank you.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

From what I understand, it should cost the same as if the seller was in New York and the buyer was in California.    Just make sure that the state is PR and the country is the United States rather than having PR as the country.  Then you should be paying the domestic rate and I don't think you would see a customs form either.    You might have to cancel the sale and have the buyer repurchase using  the US as the country...I'm not sure if it would be possible for you to change it.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If you don't want to ship to the US Protectorates, Alaska and Hawaii, you need to exclude them in your shipping preferences and I don't see them excluded now on your listing.  But keep in mind that in most cases, sending to those locations does cost the same as it would to send it across the mainland US IF you are using USPS.  It does cost more however if you are using Fedex or UPS.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

PR by USPS should not need a customs form.

Are the tri-colorink cartridge really going to be shipped in a Med. FRB  ?????

and lose?  lose what?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Shipping to PR is just as you would read on USPS as domestic since it is a territory of the USA

I just shipped some First Class and Priority there last week and easy peasy  just like I would ship to any State in the USA 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@jitterbug2003 wrote:

I think it is. Shipping should say ship only to the 48 lower states. My fault as I'm having trouble even getting around in e-bay. I knew it was US but I have to fill out a customs form and lose quit a bit. This use to be fun. Not no more. Thank you.

Hi, a customs form is not required for a USPS package to Puerto Rico. What carrier says you need one?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

PR is part of the USA.  Do you have your shipping preferences set up correctly?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 11 of 11
latest reply