cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Overdue Glitch?!

Buyer purchased item yesterday, April 3rd. My handling time has always been 1 business day (NOT same business day). Today is April 4th and I get the red shipping overdue notification in manage orders.

Strange thing is that it said ship by April 4th and today is April 4th and it said it's overdue?! Hope I don't get a negative mark for this or else I would be really angry!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Shipping Overdue Glitch?!

I don't have an answer for this.  I've never had this happen before.  What time yesterday did the purchase happen?  Could it be because it is 24 hours since the purchase?  I'm not say that makes the Late Shipment flag correct, I'm just asking if this might be the contributing factor to the flag.

All you can do is ship today and watch your dashboard to see if anything shows up as a late shipment there.  Please keep us updated.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I have the same thing and it was for a purchase where the buyer paid at April 3, 2019 at 5:00:19 PM PDT so there was no way it could have been sent even if I had been same day handling time which I don't. You could call and complain to customer service and they will probably put a note on your account that you were effected by a technical glitch that needs fixing.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

What happens to that alert (in red) if you print the label (and tracking is uploaded)?
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It's a new nudge to ship even faster!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

It's a new nudge to ship even faster!

Either it is overdue or it isn't.  It can't be both.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

It is still marked as late shipment on your dashboard. After a call to eBay I was assured it would not count against me. Supposedly, the CS rep 'fixed' it. I am less than assured. When this kind of thinghappens, it historically has taken weeks and multiple calls to show any change. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Be sure to call and have them manually remove the late shipping from your dashboard. It is obviously a technical issue. These kinds of things do eventually affect your status and can add up. The late shipping will stay for a year on your matrix unless you have them fix it.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It can't possibly be late on the same day as the item was purchased. Two other items purchased on the same day did not receive a late shipment notice and the listings have the same parameters. There is obviously some software glitch.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@mamabeardsley wrote:

It can't possibly be late on the same day as the item was purchased. Two other items purchased on the same day did not receive a late shipment notice and the listings have the same parameters. There is obviously some software glitch.

I didn't say it was.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply