cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a watcher an offer???? Clarification?

@Anonymous

On this video......

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/videos/222851305076068/

about 6 minutes in, Jennifer mentions sending offers to watchers......seemingly from Seller Hub or the listing itself.........  I've searched and can't find anything about it.....some of the comments indicate some people have found it, others haven't.....can you get any info about it?  Test? altho she seemed to say it was a tool everyone could use.  Didn't sound like she meant sending an offer from  the email from ebay that was going around for while.......

thanks

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Re: Send a watcher an offer???? Clarification?

I generally watch over 100 items at any given time. I sure hope I can opt out of this spam. Otherwise I will stop using m watch list and forget to bid on half the stuff I want.

Message 31 of 106
latest reply

@AnonymousI'd like to take this opportunity to emphasize something that has been raised here a few times.

It's time to end the anonymizing of bidders.

The original reason was to stop phoney Second Chance Offers on auctions.

With Auctions a rapidly disappearing form of transaction, far outnumbered in both listings and sales by Fixed Price, the Second Chance Offer becomes a moot point.

And anonymizing bidders during Auctions has led to a strong fear among new bidders that they are being shilled, especially among those who do not understand automatic bidding. Which is most of them.

For sellers, it had been useful to check the Feedback, particularly Feedback Left for Others, to determine the bona fides of a bidder.

Message 32 of 106
latest reply

@Anonymous

I'd love to have a feature like this. My sense is that many of those watching my listings are actually interested, so it would be great to have an opportunity to nudge them toward buying.  I do think buyers should have the ability to opt out of receiving offers on watched items. 

Hope to learn more about this soon.

Message 33 of 106
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @dhbookds, we are working on getting more info for everyone. In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you guys think about this feature. Would you use it? What concerns would you have? Do you have any specific ideas on how this would be best implemented? Definitely let us know and we can pass along feedback while we get more details!

I absolutley HATE spam ... and would consider a message from a Seller whose item I had on my watch list the absolute epitome of Unsolicited Commercial Email.

I would NEVER buy an item from a seller who sent me such messages.

And I would NEVER send a watcher a spam offer either.

This is a terrible idea.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 34 of 106
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I generally watch over 100 items at any given time. I sure hope I can opt out of this spam. Otherwise I will stop using m watch list and forget to bid on half the stuff I want.

Yes... the "unintended consequences" eBay so often fails to consider...

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 35 of 106
latest reply

@creativecrisis wrote:

@Anonymous

I'd love to have a feature like this. My sense is that many of those watching my listings are actually interested, so it would be great to have an opportunity to nudge them toward buying.  I do think buyers should have the ability to opt out of receiving offers on watched items. 

Hope to learn more about this soon.

Why not use the make an offer feature then? Or if your willing to take less, why not ask less in the first place?

My watch list is about full, not because I might buy but because I watch my competitors very closely. Usually its odd stuff you don’t see very often and i might have or have run across.

I seriously do NOT want hundreds of spam emails sent to me begging me to buy something. 😑 bad bad idea.

I also think the type of buyer that can be coerced from a watcher to a buyer by just an price reduction email may turn out to be the high maintenance type and not the kind of buyer that I want to attract.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 36 of 106
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:
... we are working on getting more info for everyone. In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you guys think about this feature. Would you use it? What concerns would you have? Do you have any specific ideas on how this would be best implemented? Definitely let us know and we can pass along feedback while we get more details!

As a buyer, I do NOT want those offers. It's spam. If I started getting that sort of correspondence from sellers, I would just stop using the Watch list and go back to using bookmarks like I did before My eBay was invented.

Message 37 of 106
latest reply

Has this plan been endorsed by a  recognized consumer motivation and behavior research group?

Can you briefly share some of the findings or conclusions, based upon the studies that have conducted, in support of this plan ?

Message 38 of 106
latest reply

Not replying to ed......

I was intrigued by the idea, because I do put lots of items in my watch list while I decide which to buy...BUT...I have LOTS of items in the list so I would get lots of offers, potentially. So not a good idea after all. I would switch to using the cart, which since they messed up the watch list is easier to delete items from.
Message 39 of 106
latest reply

Who wants another way for ebay to decrease their prices, hence their profits? Get out of my wallet.....

Message 40 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

@Anonymous

On this video......

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/videos/222851305076068/

about 6 minutes in, Jennifer mentions sending offers to watchers......seemingly from Seller Hub or the listing itself.........  I've searched and can't find anything about it.....some of the comments indicate some people have found it, others haven't.....can you get any info about it?  Test? altho she seemed to say it was a tool everyone could use.  Didn't sound like she meant sending an offer from  the email from ebay that was going around for while.......

thanks

Hi everyone,

I have received an update on this topic and wanted to share it here:

We are currently running a pilot where seller can initiate Best Offers to buyers. This feature will allow sellers to send offers to the 10 most recent watchers on their items. To qualify for this feature, the listing must:

• Already have Best Offer
  • Be a single quantity fixed price listing
  • Have been listed on eBay for 10 days or more
  • At least one one watcher

Only one offer is allowed per watcher (for up to 10 watchers) and the offers will expire after the standard 48-hour duration. The message a buyer receives will clearly indicate that others have also received the same offer and the first to accept will get it. Once one buyer has accepted, the others will be notified that the seller's offer is no longer available. Buyer's who do not wish to receive these kinds of offers can opt out by changing their communication preferences.

After the offer has been accepted, the seller will be notified and receive the buyer's username. From here the transaction will proceed as any other.

While at this time the feature is only available to those using My eBay > Selling, we may expand this to those with Seller Hub in the future. Below we have included a screenshot of what this feature looks like for those who meet the listed criteria:

Send Offer.png

We are excited to begin offering sellers the opportunity to send offers to their watchers and are committed to closely monitoring this feature for any adjustments that may be needed!

Message 41 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. It's targeted at "new & occasional" sellers and we already know eBay believe this group needs the most help with pricing.

Message 42 of 106
latest reply

lol, so after all the advice to use seller hub, people using it don't get the opportunity.......RATS

Message 43 of 106
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds, what's even funnier is that Jen from the video had the feature. Does that mean she doesn't use Seller Hub? Wouldn't eBay encourage its employees to use Seller Hub?

Message 44 of 106
latest reply

I don't use the hub, but I can't find anything that looks like that on my selling screen.

Message 45 of 106
latest reply