cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Offer eligible

I often send out offers on items that are being watched , it has become a vital part of what i do however in the last 48 hours or so i have noticed many items that now have watchers but have not appeared in my send offer eligible list . Clicking on the item individually tells me there are watchers but will not allow me to send offers , these are both new new listings and older ones. Has anybody noticed the same? i know sometimes it can take an hour or so to appear in the list but this has been almost 2 days. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Send Offer eligible

There's an algorithm beyond an item having watchers that allows you to send offers.  I've received offers for items I've simply viewed once for price comparisons.  I do know you won't be able to send offers to the same buyer over and over again, so they have to be new to watching / viewing your items.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

thanks for your fast reply, yes alot of them are new listings and these are the first watchers the item has had . i will wait and see what happens in next 24 hours or so .

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

Buyers/watchers can also opt out of receiving offers......just for information......

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

hi thanks for the reply 

yes i wondered that but it was unusual for all that came up in such a short space of time to have opted out when previously pretty much all that came up became available to send the offer too , going from 99 % to 0% if you like in the last few days but certainly possible .

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

Ebay's send offer list has been an enigma for a very long time.  It sometimes does not include items that have a watcher and, more often, includes items that have no watchers.  And there is no way to remove items without watchers from that list .  It is a bit of a mess, but I think it is the inevitable outcome of using both algorithms and AI at the same time, the outcomes being unpredictable by anyone.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

@ferguson1354 wrote:

I often send out offers on items that are being watched , it has become a vital part of what i do however in the last 48 hours or so i have noticed many items that now have watchers but have not appeared in my send offer eligible list . Clicking on the item individually tells me there are watchers but will not allow me to send offers , these are both new new listings and older ones. Has anybody noticed the same? i know sometimes it can take an hour or so to appear in the list but this has been almost 2 days. 

There are many reasons. Here are a couple: 

1) eBay users have a setting that allows them to turn off offers from sellers. It is possible your watcher(s) have turned this off. 

2) eBay has set a limit to how many unsolicited offers a person receives so that they do not get annoyed by  receiving too much spam from sellers. It is possible your watcher(s) have reached this limit.

3) Once a watcher receives and offer from you for an item, he will not receive further offers for that item. It is possible that your watcher(s) have already gotten an offer from you in the past. 

Watchers are supposed to be anonymous, and these offers are unsolicited. So eBay treads gently. 

But there is a way to send an "offer" to everyone who sees your listing: simply lower your price

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

Hi thanks for your reply, these items that are being watched are new listings so i have not sent any offers out on them previously to anyone, one item that is 24 hours old has now 3 watchers but im unable to send an  offer to  any of the 3 , i appreciate they may have send offer turned off but 99 percent of the watchers ive had allow me to send , i now have 7 items in the last 24/48 hours with watchers but non i can send offers too . i will see what happens in next day or 2

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

@ferguson1354 

Not all watchers want to receive offers so they opt out of them.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

Yes, I have noticed this as well.  This was so useful when someone starts to watch an item, you can send them a offer.  This seemed to have stopped over the weekend. I can't believe that no-one has watched any over my 2100 items in the last 2 days..

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

just contacted ebay, it is a known bug that the technical team are working on according to the technical assistant i spoke to

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

@ferguson1354 wrote:

just contacted ebay, it is a known bug that the technical team are working on according to the technical assistant i spoke to

Did not realize e-Bay has technical assistants?  (all these years - never knew....)

We sent over 400 offers yesterday....   so must be a glitch that only affects certain Sellers?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

apologies customer asistant... technical team 

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

Seems to be a 48-72 hour lag from when i get a new watcher to when Im able to send the person an offer. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Send Offer eligible

Has anybody able to send offers now? 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply