cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling collectable Stamps

I had posted some Internal Revenue Documentary Tax stamps, (used as a form of taxation for transaction mostly property up to the 1960's) these are a collectable item NOT A POSTAGE STAMP. I was just told that Ebay will not allow me  to list  "FOREVER" Postage stamps due to the ability to counterfeit these kind of stamps. This tells me that no one at Ebay even took the time to check my listing they simply gave me the boot. I have found another sales site and will increase my business there. I try to understand the position that Ebay is in in the way of liability, but there was no attempt to contact me. Out of a 1-10 rating, my rating  just went down a couple points from my last review of my satisfaction of Ebay. It would be nice if Ebay would respond to this issue directly to me.

Best Regards

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There has never been a "person" that checks listings to determine anything and with Millions of listings, new ones added every hour, it would be impossible for any company to 'look at' each listing- much less there would have to be an 'expert' for thousands of categories to determine anything. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@akamo.us.qad62mx  The one I checked you had listed under "postage" - I think that's your problem.  eBay has 1.5 billion listings and as said above, it's impossible to personally check anything, so the bots are programmed to go by category.

Is there another category where you can list those items?

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have already listed them on another site where I'm not steered to a listing category that does not apply to the product I'm selling. Thank you for the info.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@akamo.us.qad62mx wrote:

I have already listed them on another site where I'm not steered to a listing category that does not apply to the product I'm selling. Thank you for the info.

"Steered to" is only a suggestion. Pick a different category. Collectibles/other ?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply