cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Assistance

Considering bringing someone on board to assist with item listing tasks, i.e. photography, item detail entry, shipping. Want to focus my efforts on locating appropriate items, and leave these responsibilities to someone else.

Any ideas on how to find an appropriate person for this task? 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Selling Assistance

@fuzzface50 wrote:

So you want to do the fun and easy stuff and leave the responsibilities and boring stuff to someone else. Wish i could find a job like that.  I think there are alot of sellers sitting on extra inventory because they like the thrill of the hunt versus the listing part, i know i'm one of them

Main problem is if you pick the wrong person they can totally sink and end your selling career here for good rather fast too. by the time you realize they are not shipping out timely or at all, wrapping properly, using or taking bad pictures,  etc. it might be to late to fix it.

REMEMBER YOUR REPUTATION IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY EVEN IF YOU PAWN IT OFF ON SOMEONE ELSE.

To gaurantee a long selling career here, i would keep the responsibilities under my own control. 

This is spot on!  Have read of those who have had this happened to them; then it is too late to do anything about it.  

With the supervision that might be required, you might just as well do it yourself.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

eBay's hidden selling limits and throttling to limit how big they will allow a seller to be.
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

We'd all like to just keep the fun "hunting" part for ourselves and palm off the drudge work of actual listing shipping etc to someone else.

Unfortunately, selling on eBay (successfully) IS actual work.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

You have two basic choices:

1) Hire someone locally to do the work and pay them wages or as contract labor and pay by the job.  Of course, you will need recruit qualified applicants, hire, train and supervise them.  Local employment agencies may be able to help in finding applicants.

2) You may also consider entering into a business partnership with someone. However, you will need to be very careful about with whom you choose to partner.  Don't forget to put your partner ship agreement in writing.  I would advise consulting an attorney to make sure you both have everything in proper legal order.  Remember, choosing the right business partner may be as important as choosing a spouse.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Look around the dinner table.

Judging by what I see as your sales volume it doesn't appear you need and assistant just yet.

If you're generally selling the most in a couple of categories, you may wish to create some listing templates to speed the listing process.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 20 of 20
latest reply