cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller says he's based in the US,but is actually in Singapore

Hi ....... I'm wondering if I should report a seller whose listing identifies them as being in the United States,but they're really in Singapore.I bought an item that was listed as a US location,but it's coming in from either Singapore or China.

I just think it's pretty decietful to portray themselves as a US based seller when that's not the case.Is this against eBay policies and if so,do you believe he shopuld be reported?

Thanks.... (edtiques)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller says he's based in the US,but is actually in Singapore

@edtiques wrote:

Hi ....... I'm wondering if I should report a seller whose listing identifies them as being in the United States,but they're really in Singapore.I bought an item that was listed as a US location,but it's coming in from either Singapore or China.

I just think it's pretty decietful to portray themselves as a US based seller when that's not the case.Is this against eBay policies and if so,do you believe he shopuld be reported?

Thanks.... (edtiques)

Are you sure that it is coming from Singapore or China and that he does not have a physical presence - warehouse in the US.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

edtiques wrote:

Thanks.... (edtiques)

My question is... is it only the seller himself who is in Singapore, or do you know he ships all of his merchandise from Singapore as well?   ....because it doesn't matter where the seller lives, only where the merchandise ships from.  Many Asian sellers, and in fact sellers from elsewhere outside the USA, often have warehouses here in the United States and shipping entities located here.  And that's all eBay requires.  Their policy in regard to this is:

Sellers must be clear and accurate about the location their item will be shipped or picked up from.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@edtiques wrote:

Thanks.... (edtiques)

Are you sure that it is coming from Singapore or China and that he does not have a physical presence - warehouse in the US.

While that is certainly possible, in my experience, the item has ended up coming from China.  Not cool.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If I have doubts about the seller, I always look at their delivery times. If it is more than a week, you bet it's coming from China. Also, it always pays to read their bad feedback - people usually complain that delivery takes forever and comes from overseas, despite their stated "US" location.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply