cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller hub trickery OR glitch? when placing new items into a sale category

FYI for Sellers.

I have learned the hard way when I add new items into a category that is running a sale, ALL the newly listed items are shortly  included in that sale.  Funny it take a little time,  When I 1st look at new listings I just created the items are NOT on sale, But when I look later to see how many watchers Low Behold, they are now on sale.

Before "seller hub" I would normally place the harder to sell items on sale, then add the new items at full price.

Yesterday I added new items and had to stop the sale. (at least we can do that now without raising prices).

For me, I will create a New listing Category for all new items, Then when sales are over I will move them to the proper category.

Time consuming I know.

Sellers beware. 

I dont know if it is trickery or a simple overlooked glitch.

IF cuts to profits keep up, Many Trees will fall.

Good Luck to all

LATER.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did you by any chance select the option that uses SKU? I think that one adds new items into the sale, the select up to 500 shouldn't.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks

I will try clicking on "Does not apply" Then wait to see what happens, 

Normally I skip over that because all My items are used Motorcycle parts from Machines too old to have a SKU

After several hours I will post the results here .

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

All listings today where not planed to be on sale.

Also I checked, Nowhere on these listing where the usual asked SKU information ( was not asked). no need to waste time on that, (thank god).  Maybe because these categories are old.

Anyway I said I would respond about the SKU, and the last two items listed took a few hours to be automatically placed on sale.

But it is OK, I raised the price Like you suggested before I  Summited these past few listings

It just seems I can no longer control my prices. or my store

On a side note, IMO, Microsoft edge does not play well with ebay. for that matter anywhere else.

I had not many problems with ebay ... listings ... searches ... or buying before EDGE.

I plan to (over winter) rebuild a older Laptop using windows 7-8 or 8.1 to see if the interface is better or worse.

BTW,  I plan to buy 1/2 the parts off ebay.

I just cant believe in a ebay conspiracy LOL... but I do know with every update (automaticly installed) I lost more control on my store,  ... before it was not always so. I suppose back in a more trusting era.

"I DONT PLAN TO BE A ROAD PIZZA WITH ALL MY GUTS EXPOSED FOR ALL TO SEE"

On the Cyber Highway I am road kill like everyone else. I am what I am. and that is not much if others where asked. LOL

Have a good one.

LATER

Message 4 of 4
latest reply