cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller accounts purged?

I used to sell a while back, it's literally been years.  Anyway, I'm unable to find or log in to my eBay account from my selling days. Does anyone know if dormant accounts were purged? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seller accounts purged?

Yes eBay purges dormant accounts. If you didn’t log in for 1-2 years, it’s safe to say eBay purged the account.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Seller accounts purged?

Yes eBay purges dormant accounts. If you didn’t log in for 1-2 years, it’s safe to say eBay purged the account.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Seller accounts purged?

start over again.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Seller accounts purged?

I had two dumped that were only dormant for a few months...I specifically used them to buy 3-4 times a year.

Said goodbye to about 5000 feedback but I won't ever really need them for anything.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Seller accounts purged?

eBay deletes your selling account if it has not been used for 3 years. I was gone for 4, came back and all my information was gone. They could not retrieve it, so I had to make new seller ID's.

I was told at the 3 year mark, deletion.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Seller accounts purged?

@monster-deals wrote:

I had two dumped that were only dormant for a few months...

Said goodbye to about 5000 feedback

Sad ebay deleted them.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Seller accounts purged?

About 5 years ago, ebay changed their policy about passwords, and notified members that their accounts would be closed if they didn't update their passwords to meet the new criteria (more characters, etc.).  Accounts that didn't heed this before the deadline were closed; but accounts that ignored it but which happened to already have acceptable passwords remained open even though not used for many years.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Seller accounts purged?

Thanks everyone. That's what I was thinking happened. Bummed to lose my feedback, but I guess I start selling under this one. Next question... is it even worth it to come sell again on eBay with all the changes?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply