cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Protection in Action

So this poster decided to start a thread on getting a refund for something or another (cant remember specifics) and as everyone noticed quickly, they did this sort of this all the time. Its one of the worst cases Ive seen in a while. Its blatent as can be seen from there feedback left page. Its atrocious.  I tried to contact ebay through the boards to see if they could check this obviously fraudulent buyers account and do something. Checked it again today and a new neg has appeared. They are right back at it.... Makes you feel warm and cozy all the seller protection were getting over here huh?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Seller Protection in Action

I love the line, "No accomodation for error."  Doesn't that just scream entitlement--what a joke--this person has obviously been taking advantage for a long time.  What are the chances that two different hats, from two different sellers, ordered at the same time, are both going to be a child's size?  Right....

Goodenoughfor them? I don't think so.  How come some people pick the total opposite of who they really are for their user names?  Every time I see a user name like, "Preciousangel" or "Sweetlady" or "Darlingheart" I just cringe inside a little bit, because chances are, they are none of those things.

As for the feedback--sellers need to use that report button and call when you are dealing with an obviously crooked person--I know some people don't believe it does anything, but the first thing I would be yelling to CS when I called is, "Pattern of abuse."  Unfortunately (or, actually fortunately for you) you haven't been directly affected by this *ahem* person, so you don't have much say-so in fixing this--but enough sellers report the abuse--something will be done.  

However, too many sellers just seem to accept whatever comes their way without putting up any kind of a fight--they just roll over, they give in to the refund scammer, or they just accept the negative and move on-- so this particular buyer just keeps on doing what they do......eBay isn't always to blame.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

*Edited--double posing.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

On the plus side, this buyer DOES have a 100% feedback rating with no negs or neuts!

SAID IN JEST!!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don't sell clothing, but who knows when their taste in purchases will change.

Thanks for posting. My list grows longerSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

<<Every time I see a user name like, "Preciousangel" or "Sweetlady" or "Darlingheart" I just cringe inside a little bit, because chances are, they are none of those things>>

Don't forget "jesuslovesyou" and "welovethelord" ... you know ... all those good g*d fearing folks that don't forget to let you know just how pious they are 😉

I'd rather sell to imabtch or bstrdoftheyr ... at least they are honest about it LOL

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Why contact eBay to report an abusive buyer? There is no seller protection as I have just learned the hard way. I have never had an issue in over 10 years that I could not resolve on friendly terms. I recently received an email from a person in NYC claiming that they just opened a box (that they received over 60 days ago and they claimed the item was broken in many pieces and wanted a refund. They claimed that I did a bad job packing the item and if I did not provide a refund they would use social media to show how badly I had packed. (I have sold many hundreds of glass and porcelain in the past with excellent results. I notified ebay and they notified be today that they investigated and the buyer will be receiving a refund. In short I do not believe that there is any seller protection on eBay!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply