cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Fees

This is my first time posting here, and it will probably be my last. This current run is close to 17 years. I stopped selling once before, because my Family and I went on vacation, and despite going through ebay’s checklist and verification with an ebay teammate, that they had our back. Needless to say, I lost my Top Rated Seller status for late delivery on items that were bought while on vacation.

I was selling when I was 26, and now I’m 58 and I’m just plain done with ebay’s fees for selling our items. I’m a Top Rated Seller now and could easily take that extra step of 1 day handling as I did before. This time though.. it’s just too much. To take over $50 for selling an item is just over the top. I also just incurred more postage fees, because ebay changed the Postal address on a package to The West Point Academy. Package came back undeliverable, and “we” had to purchase another label..

The Team Mates as well as a lot of Sellers have been really nice and it’s been a pleasure being part of this Community(mostly)😎 I will miss that part. 

Goodbye..

The Bensons 

🦅🇺🇸

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Seller Fees

Well, there are a number of missing parts in your statements as follows:

I lost my Top Rated Seller status for late delivery on items that were bought while on vacation.

Ok, did you reinstate the time away with no sales or did you check the box to allow sales for 15 days?

despite going through Ebay’s checklist and verification with an Ebay teammate.

Not sure what an Ebay checklist for vacation mode is, never heard of it.

To take over $50 for selling an item is just over the top. I also just incurred more postage fees, because ebay changed the Postal address on a package to The West Point Academy. Package came back undeliverable, and “we” had to purchase another label.

What was the value + sales tax to justify the $50 fee? How did Ebay change the postal address? They supply  the address that the buyer inputs within their account or for that sale. 

Lastly, you still have listings available. There is no platform that does not charge some type of fee. Compared to Ama%^n Ebay has a far better fee standard.  You have 100% feedback w/ 0 negatives. Good luck.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I took "time away" for 2 weeks and kept my store open last November. I just emailed every buyer I was away on my iPhone and item will be mailed when I return. Not only did I have great sales while on the cruise out of the USA but no one complained. I guess I did everything correct.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

58 - 26 = 32 - am I missing something here? 🤔

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay did not change the address.  It was the buyer.  The other possibility was that the facility moved to a new location recently.  The buyer should have known that.  You should have gotten the fee from the buyer. Anyway, since you had extra postage fees to pay , you have extra deductions for when you file your taxes.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@dbenson65 wrote:

... The Team Mates as well as a lot of Sellers have been really nice and it’s been a pleasure being part of this Community(mostly)😎 I will miss that part...

You can still be.  Several of us here are no longer active, or full-time, sellers.

But do get those listings down, and pronto, because closing an eBay selling account does take awhile and more sales will prolong the process.

-

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Between eBay The the Fees on Shipping Expenses and 90day Dashboard Totals Of what you would have made had people Paid for the Items and You didn't have to Ship items and keep the Shipping Money They are Calculating As Auction Totals and Expense is an Item Value that you Print and Purchase The Label VIA eBay So at that time It Becomes an Expense But NO that shipping Cost is an Item Value and the Tax the Buyer Paid is also a End Of auction Value To Me?
Yup Goodbye, I'm 58 as Well and Been on eBay Since 1996 5 Accts and Only One Bad feedback On a Multi-Meter That didn't Check Capacitance! It's A Brand New Meter, Not A designated Capacitance Tester A MULTI-METER It won't Wax Your Car or Toast Bread (NEGATIVE FEEDBACK) 

It's One Scam After Another. I'm Not Buying Anything Or Selling Anything On eBay after My Items End and as of today will Never Buy again on eBay, Criminals Charging Fees on Shipping Expenses as Item Values!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Well i sold an item for $650 and ebay took $175, **bleep**?  Called and talked to CS and nothing.  Money gone.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Helps to check the fees before you list, then there are no surprises.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

ok well u have 2 options with time away, accept sales for 15 days or no sales for 30 days. Since u were gone for 2 weeks I assume you exceeded the 15-day limit. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply