cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[][][] Scrounge Lounge [][][]

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge 

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board 17 years ago in 2003.
We appreciate ebay allowing us to transfer to the new Selling Board.
Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.
We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.
Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Message 1 of 394
latest reply
393 REPLIES 393

Re: [][][] Scrounge Lounge [][][]

Well   Dtex   that is some bad news.    Kind of what we expect from Ebay though.    Never doing their job like they should and blaming it all on the sellers and hurting the sellers.    Just like normal.    Good thing there are mostly good buyers out there.  

Message 136 of 394
latest reply

Morning..

Kay I'm not getting any help from the po for that package, so I did go in & fill in the info from the link  you posted.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe with any luck that will shake the package loose so it gets delivered.

Hard to believe the po has always done so well & that now it's completely falling apart...

Hope everyone is well....

Has been very quiet in here these last few weeks...

Message 137 of 394
latest reply

@sunfarmer wrote:

Well   Dtex   that is some bad news.    Kind of what we expect from Ebay though.    Never doing their job like they should and blaming it all on the sellers and hurting the sellers.    Just like normal.    Good thing there are mostly good buyers out there.  

Apparently eBay did make some additional extensions that were not widely announced.  So there is a bit more protections against INRs but personally I doubt they are anywhere near effective.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 138 of 394
latest reply

Peeking in to be counted among the living. I've been getting lazy. The heat maybe, or the dark thundery days that make me want to curl up on the couch. A couple times a week I've been going to my sister's to swim, I'm always wiped out by the time I get home. August is a good month to be lazy.

I've thought about adding to my handling time (but still shipping same or next day) just to pad the expected delivery date. Of course that won't help if packages poof! like Pat's did. 

Pat, hope your package shakes loose soon.

Message 139 of 394
latest reply

I went to a five-day handling time soon after all this craziness started; with the explanation in my listings that I only visit the Post Office once a week.

Message 140 of 394
latest reply

I've been trying to get a new checking acct with pp for over a month. 

I change my phone number. it defaults back to old one.

PP had no problem taking my seller fees out of the new acct, but I can't get my cash out, even by mail. "PROBLEMS" 

Totally sick of it. 

LATER.

Message 141 of 394
latest reply

Tried for about 5 years, maybe sold 30 items.  Didn't particularly like the shipping part (having prepaid $'s) and just kind of klutzy in operation.  I finally closed it down and don't feel like I am missing anything.

Common sense is a flower that does not grow in every garden.

Message 143 of 394
latest reply

Hummmm, was just doing a check in to also be counted on the living, thought this was replying to a question from the start of the thread.

Crazy doesn't begin to cover our world right now.  I'll keep my comments and thoughts to myself as I don't want to **bleep** half the peeps off or encourage the other half to agree with me as it is real evident of the vast divide and not much to unify anyone on anything with the masks, covid, administration, race, political party, gender, manners and on and on.  Roll it back to hippies...wasted and singing love songs. 

I do sincerely hope we all make it to the other side in one piece, I have no idea anymore what that side will be or look like though.  

Common sense is a flower that does not grow in every garden.

Message 144 of 394
latest reply

I can appreciate your "Silence" Just. regarding the craziness.

Dems are insane. I said it. Everybody knows it. LOLOL

Message 145 of 394
latest reply

So nice to see you here   Justy.    Hope your little ones are doing well.   Hang in there and enjoy whatever you can.    Hope it gets better soon.   I agree with you completely.   

Went to a real live auction yesterday.    It was super high priced but wow all the people there enjoying themselves and bidding up a storm.    So nice.    Cool dark cloudy day for it.   Near a lake just lovely scenery.    It was fun.    Relaxing.  

Hope you can get your pp    problems fixed there    MM.    what a royal pain. 

Message 146 of 394
latest reply

Hi Justy--

Good to 'see' you...  Hope you & your family are well.. 🙂

Message 147 of 394
latest reply

Kay, Thank You for that link you posted.

It did the job !!

Her package got delivered yesterday & she was pleased with her purchase.

I'm keeping that link for future reference 😉

Hopefully I won't need it again....

Message 148 of 394
latest reply

Thank Goodness   Pat.    Sure glad that worked and Kay knew what to post.    Thank Goodness for great buyers.   

Message 149 of 394
latest reply

Thanks Sun.

I mailed out her package as soon as she paid.  I'm just glad she was understanding & knew it wasn't my fault.

This is def a crazy time we're all in right now..

Has cooled down a bit here.  At least it's not humid, which makes it more pleasant to be outside.

Trying to get some house stuff done this morning & then I need to get back to getting some listings scheduled..

Hope everyone has a good day....

Poof!

Message 150 of 394
latest reply