cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$$$ Scrounge Lounge $$$ Happy JULY Summer is ON!

Welcome to the "SL"

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Last Month's Thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-June-2018-Edition/td-p/28560233/page/7

Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

HELLOOOO JULY SCROUNGERS and SLOUNGERS

I put a sewing machine up on FB and a fence up on a couple sites for friends.

Lots of interest in the sewing machine,  which if it sells for a  whopping $25 - Ellen only wants $15 for it so the other ten will pay for a WIRE mannequin she decided to part with...love the price. 

Guess I'll go put that high chair I bought up on local buy sell trade too. 

I love it but have no room til I get more schtuff out of here. 

Here it is, finally took some pics the other day.

Message 2 of 104
latest reply

Hope the stuff sells well for you MM.

Hi to our friend in the North West. Miss you already.

Now today I have to go put stuff in the booth and take other stuff to the auction house to make room. Should be listing up a storm too. I doubt I have enough energy for the listing part. Someday it will get done.
Message 3 of 104
latest reply

Who is our friend in the NW Sun? I must have missed something...
have fun at the bootharama! hehe
Message 4 of 104
latest reply

I've also got a large backlog of items to list Sun, feel your lack of energy to list.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 5 of 104
latest reply

Well Looking to the NW. MM. Pink Roses all around. Maybe she will let you know too. Rulers are not nice here in Ebay Land.
Message 6 of 104
latest reply

Thanks, Sun. That really su x.
Message 7 of 104
latest reply

Yes it does MM. Guess there is nothing we can do. Sad place.

Kay I got you the nicest set of Farberware Pans I think maybe and entire set at the auction this week. So clean and perfect. Hard to find out here. I should get them listed. Energy ran out yesterday.
Message 8 of 104
latest reply

Happy Fourth of July EVERYONE. Have a good safe day.
Message 9 of 104
latest reply

Yes, Happy Fourth to you too Sun, and everybody!

Still hot as hades here, not much of a reprieve. UGH. Every day like these reminds me why I moved to AZ. Hot but DRY, much better. This is horrible. I don't know how anyone can have fun 'outdoors' in this sticky humidity.
Message 10 of 104
latest reply

Morning and hi Y!

Feels like an alternate universe in here. lol

Hope y'all are recovering from your 4th parties. I stayed home, went out for ice cream at 10 pm and did a Seinfeld marathon. 

My car has a flat....and a leak from the inside rear wheel. Mechanic was closed Monday so I assumed Tues. and yesterday as well..of course. I need to call them.  

Later!

Message 11 of 104
latest reply

hi, this is not my main selling I.D., I've been selling on eBay since 1999. 

Many years ago I had a huge fabric world map (sold at a fabric store by the yard) that I mounted on the wall and stuck pins in when I sold to a location I'd never sold to before. It took no time to 'pin' every state in the U.S.A., and pins also sprouted in many countries! It was so cool! Yay! I was an international seller!
Then - year by year - there were fewer international sales. Now there are close to NONE. I believe it is the postage.
It is rare for me (USA) to even get a Canada sale. Sadly. I feel like a neighbor to Canada, yet cut off from them.
I did have a sale of a mans' shirt to Australia yesterday. $9.00 for the shirt and $23.50 shipping First Class. More and more often my sales are higher on the shipping than cost of item. It was a VERY ordinary shirt. So people who have lots of money can buy things on a whim but ordinary folks cannot and will not buy a $9 shirt + shipping to Japan, UK, AU, and all of the other places I used to ship to.
I have no solution, the PO is not going to lower shipping.

OK, back to the scrounge part.
When I am out shopping I think very carefully about the weight of an item especially if it is breakable. 99.9% of the time I do not buy breakable items. Clothing? Some I had not got to listing yet, maybe purchased a year or so ago when I was more naive, and I just donated back to the thrift shop;
heavy terry bathrobe,
wool thermals for underneath fishing waders,
thick heavy winter coats,
shoes,
casseroles/tureens,
sets of dishes.
And more.

@mississippi*mercantile wrote:

Welcome to the "SL"

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board in 2003.

Who are we? Ebay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt.

We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.

Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Last Month's Thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Scrounge-Lounge-June-2018-Edition/td-p/28560233/page/7

awesome-altered-apparel, check out my listings!
Message 12 of 104
latest reply

hi there a-a-a and welcome!

What great prices you have for your clothes. I don't sell much in clothing, a lot of competition here for one thing and I don't have a smoke free home, big negative, and I have a cat but she doesn't smoke, teehehehee, someone had that line in their listings way back when, probably still do, it they're still selling.

I hear that on International shipping, gave that up a few years ago at least. I don't even like shipping to CA!  

Your items look nice and fresh and the prices are great! Good for you. 

Ship cost always has to be involved in the equation and I usually buy accordingly too but I have sold a few things on local buy sell trade and craigslist; that helps!

Come again and say hi! 

And we can browse your listings too 😛

Message 13 of 104
latest reply

Just got back from a wonderful vacation in St. Augustine; visiting my parents, hanging out at the beach, gorging myself on seafood, and yes - scrounging. Found maybe the best thrift store I've ever been in, run by a local (St. A) Hospice. I'm tempted not to sell it, but I bought about a 70-piece set of Noritake , a couple of paintings; some real neat stuff. Good thing we rented a decent-sized car.

This was our first vacation in 40 years of marriage without at least one child in tow. In some ways it was strange, but it also felt "deserved", if that makes sense.

Returned to northeast KY and 109-degree heat index. Thinking about turning around and going back.

Message 14 of 104
latest reply

Sounds very relaxing to me Kyal. You could do what you wanted to and at your pace. also going to a great thrift store is such fun. Keep what you want for now and later if you wish you can sell stuff. Why not? Might as well enjoy life.
Message 15 of 104
latest reply