cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales that occur on Christmas or Christmas Eve

How does the eBay system handle holidays toward the handling time? I know weekends don’t count. I have a 3 day handling time currently however I’m out of town for 5 days. Trying to do the math to see if I should just up my handling time (assuming I can revise listings). I know people say end your listings but that would put me out of commission for months or until a listing promo is offered. Sales are too slow to pay listing fees and FVF and return loses. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The official eBay policy is that USPS holidays don't count toward handling time. So if an item was paid-for on Monday December 24 and you had 3-day handling, you'd be expected to mail on Friday.

However, eBay has a very spotty record of programming this allowance for  holidays, even ones that are well known far in advance. So it would be prudent for you to revise your listings to give yourself that extra day so you aren't obliged to mail until Monday (Dec. 31).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The official eBay policy is that USPS holidays don't count toward handling time. So if an item was paid-for on Monday December 24 and you had 3-day handling, you'd be expected to mail on Friday.

However, eBay has a very spotty record of programming this allowance for  holidays, even ones that are well known far in advance. So it would be prudent for you to revise your listings to give yourself that extra day so you aren't obliged to mail until Monday (Dec. 31).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I  only run BIN's so I just extend my handling time and since I have a store, I can also put it on vacation mode. It's always nice to come home to sales. 😉

Message 3 of 3
latest reply