cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales dropped

I have a serious sales drop. Does anyone experience the same ?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Sales dropped

@dashtradinginc wrote:

If you do a simple search this message board you will find thousands of messages from sellers about a drop in sales. 

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@dashtradinginc wrote:

People are ALWAYS experiencing the same...for the last 20+ years I've been reading these boards.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

How come sellers never post here when their sales are skyrocketing?    😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

It's human nature to focus on the negative. Many sellers are suffering huge drops in traffic and sales.

Yes, there's all kinds of reasons but the eBay software platform is the problem for most of the sellers. 

eBay CSRs don't have an answer. They seem to say what you want to hear. My store is limping along, and I hope it can make it until the next administration. The financial cliff is looming large on the horizon.

JNS Vintage Radios and Tubes

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

@dashtradinginc wrote:

More important is your reaction, what you can possibly do that may improve your sales.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

It’s an ebb and tide always - right now I am in the ‘low traffic / low sales’ phase too and it does suck. I just keep on doing what I’m doing & listing. 

I will, though, say it seems things happen in concert, when my sales drop, so do views on my listings & I notice the eBay search is not working as well as it normally does. It also seems to happen whenever I see new ‘features’ in the app or platform. Like now I get a bunch of ‘share it’ links on my listing which stick around even after I share the listing. That’s just one example.

I have also tried using their ‘promotions’, to ‘play along’ with how they try to make money hoping it will make me more money, but it does nothing to really help sales or drive more traffic, honestly. 

I think eBay is probably making changes in the background w their search, promotions formulas, etc and this is the ripple effect. Then it seems things go back to ‘normal’ and traffic and sales go back up.

Selling eBay is like sailing around the world, some days the wind is at your back and all is well, some days the wind and rain are smacking you in the face.   

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Yeah, I'm someone who consistently averages about 7500 a month in sales and this past week has got me asking questions and wondering what happened. Back to school shopping causing discretionary spending to dry up? Other sellers panic dropping their prices? In the past, with far less items listed, there would be 2 days or so where sales would be low and then they'd pick right back up. It's been about 6 days now with way less sales volume in terms of both quantity and price of item sold. 

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Good advice here.... keep listing. One of the better equalizers out there is tax return season. You really want to have the most items ever listed by mid January so people who file right away and get refunds in February can buy your stuff. A ways out, but like I said, it's a good equalizer. 

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

You are not alone on this slow path

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

0 sales since friday, with the highest impressions/page views iv had in 6 months since friday as well.. odd lot of window shoppers. oh well i got a new job i start tomorrow, ebay for me is about done sadly.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Yes, its been a slow week. But, school is starting groceries are double what they should be and gas is up .40 in one week.  It is what is going on in the world. We just need to keep plugging along and keep our chin up.  Hopefully all will pick up soon. Have a great day!

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Read some of the posts on this forum, many sellers are experiencing the same thing on eBay. Although you have sold over 300 items in the last 90 days so not sure what you are used to or what you mean by a "serious sales drop".

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

My selling history shows August to be one of the slowest sales months of the year on Ebay.

July is also poor.

Not really surprising given what I sell, and who buys it.

You appear to have a modest, diverse selection of merchandise with nothing likely to be close to a seasonal peak.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

We have had serious sales drop too...going back to Nov/Dec of last year 2022, which has continued ever since. Probable sales drop of 60 to 70%. Even though we were selling specialty items from previous retail businesses (former Italian bike store and Lionel dealer), mostly single items/some of it high-end, we used to sell a few items a week (2-3) now we are lucky to sell one every 3 or 4 weeks. So yes, sales really dropped. 

Now we have refund issue with a buyer who purchased a classic European train engine (vintage O-gauge), who up and returned it to us claiming it was damaged and would not run. Both claims were untrue, altho the front coupler was not broken when we shipped it (we have photos) and it ran fine on our test 2-rail O-gauge track. We've asked eBay to step in to help resolve this issue and got a generic "thank you for the request, we;ll get back to you soon"...but it has been days and still no help from eBay. My husband reminded me they had laid off 3000? workers so it that it? Regardless, this is feeling like a lost cause, a waste of time, money and energy for two older (early 80's) former advertising and retail business owners. Altho we have "met"some nice people (buyers) a long the way and value our 100% positive ratings and really nice comments. So...I haven't looked into how to close our eBay account yet...but feel it coming. Meantime, hope your sales pickup, too. 

All the best to you and all eBay sellers (sorry this too long...too much free time : ( !?

Charles & Barbara Tigrett (Charlie's eBay graphics & posting assistant) 

PS/FYI: our eBay store names is memphischarles (member since 2002)

Message 15 of 33
latest reply