Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Sales drop down

mens_landing
Adventurer
Last Edited 11:04:49 AM

Hello guys, a lot of people complained about sales drop down. I was selling 20-25 items per day and two days ago the decrease started. Yesterday I had only 5. What is going on with ebay? I am not the only one complaining.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

zylor4200
Rockstar

Gee, I'd be happier than Hector (ask @gosimus who he is) if I ever sold 25 items in a day! In fact I would be pleased to sell just 5 items a day!Cat Happy

gosimus
Rockstar

Re: Sales drop down

in reply to Apr 22, 2018 4:14:21 PM
LOL u kooky rascal
ijazzu
Guide

in reply to Apr 22, 2018 9:02:34 PM
@gosimus......who's Hector? Smiley Happy
0 Helpful
gosimus
Rockstar

in reply to Apr 23, 2018 5:56:15 AM
Last Edited 06:04:12 AM

@ijazzu  --  In an answer on another thread, I had used the expression "since Hector was a pup."  That's something my grandmother used to say; it means for a long time.  I believe it was a common saying in her era.  There are writeups about it on the internet.  @zylor4200 asked about it in that other thread. 

zylor4200
Rockstar

in reply to Apr 23, 2018 7:38:21 AM
@gosimus I couldn't resist! Hector would be proud!
ijazzu
Guide

in reply to Apr 23, 2018 9:12:24 AM
@gosimus Thank you so much for telling me Smiley Happy
reallynicestamps
Rockstar

I've been here since 1998.

I've been selling mail order since 1978 or so. And have been working retail since 1960.

This is nothing to worry about.

Come back in a month and let us know how things are goingthen.

If you have some time off from packing, use it to examine your listings and decide if they are up to current standards. 

mr_lincoln
Rockstar

@mens_landing  No, you are not the only one complaining ...

mens_landing
Adventurer

I am wondering what is the reason behind this...

It is slow on other venues as well.  Not an "eBay" thing.

Rockstar

Hi @mens_landing, I've noticed some odd things myself.  Since it doesn't seem to be just you, let's ask eBay staff if there is something going on with the system or the servers or the search feature, like maybe some listings not showing up in search results at all.  Or maybe the Looks feature needs attention.  Good luck!

trinton@ebay, Is there some system thing going on?  Thanks!

Community Team
Community Team

in reply to Apr 23, 2018 3:54:22 PM
Last Edited 03:54:48 PM

Hi @tenbigdogs, no system issue that would impact traffic or sales. As we move into the summer, many businesses can expect a change to their sales volume as a natural part of the ebb and flow. I recommend checking out our Knowledge Base Article about increasing sales for some ideas that can push your business to the next level even when things are a bit slow slight smile

Rockstar

in reply to Apr 23, 2018 10:00:39 PM
Last Edited 10:07:10 PM

trinton@ebay  Thanks! 

@mens_landing, I think search results have to do with your return policy.  eBay really wants sellers to have at least a 30-day no-questions-asked automatic refund return policy, better yet 60 days.  Read the pages on SEO and Returns and see what you think.  Again, good luck!

Returns

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/returns.html

How to Boost Traffic with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) (what every seller knows)

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/boost-traffic-with-seo.html#m17-tb2

Rockstar

Hi @mens_landing, If you come back this way, I haven't forgotten about you.  Other Store owners are also reporting drops in sales, and it may have something to do with eBay rolling out Store changes.  How are your sales now?  Have they improved any?   Good luck!

lindyslucky
Guide

Seems to be a real group here.

Never had 25 sales a day!! Lucky you!

But, daily. Have had 6 sales in ladt 30 days.

Only one in the last 10. Have put up new items.

Not even views. Like Zero views. Has never happened before.

Any ideas?