cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales are WAY down

I haven't had a sale in days, and my "Send Offer to Buyers" hasnt changed in days. I thought I got through the whole Category/Item Specifics change, as all my auctions seem set up right. Anyone else having issues? My income is plummeting! 

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Sales are WAY down

I rarely visit the discussion board but when I do, it's usually when sales have dropped significantly.  I typically sell between 15-20% of my inventory monthly and I'm currently off over 40%.  I really don't want to switch my new listings to a different selling platform going into the holiday season but I don't have a 10th of my inventory listed and I need to move items now.   I would love to hear how other sellers manage selling on multiple platforms. 

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

I'm seeing this slow sales report from multiple sellers. Yes many sellers blaming the recent updates and item specifics etc but yours seem setup correctly. Noted you are niched into selling just dolls could the market have gone stale? It maybe time to try selling some other stuff. Its very hard in a single niche although I also sell in a niche I am quiet busy but I have a big following which makes a difference.

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

I sell fishing items, sales do drop this time of year, usually 5-15%, last month dropped 20% and so far this month its dropped 40%. We didn't get any changes in the sport category but could have had a ripple effect. Also got to look at the economy, prices are going thru the roof, food, supplies and gas. And of course another USPS rate increase doesn't help, which doesn't just mean my shipping but supplies I need to ship. I buy boxes to ship long fishing rods, back in January they were $51 for 50, yesterday their $101 for 50.

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

@dchild5230 wrote:

.  I really don't want to switch my new listings to a different selling platform going into the holiday season but I don't have a 10th of my inventory listed and I need to move items now.   

Why not list your items elsewhere?

These are your items, your inventory and your livelihood, you do all the work and responsible to perform for your buyers for good and bad.

If Ebay does not bring the sales, it becomes pointless.

Cross list your items, who ever sells it first gets to make the commission.

don't forget to delete the item from all other venues/platforms once it sold.

Good Luck,

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

Same for me. Account seems like it is frozen. 0 sales for a week; 2 sales since 10.11. I listed new items and in 24 h  1-2 views. I normally get 5 views in the first hour item is listed. Search doesn’t work properly. The sales reports are not accurate. I am very worried. My sales are down by 90% since the update.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

yes, my sales are off 36% since eBay had to go and screw up what wasn't broken... the Category changes that didn't need to be done...   eBay listen up... IF IT ISN't BROKE , THEN DON'T FIX IT !!!!

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

When eBay released its second quarter reporting in June there were a couple of notable items. Revenue was up 14% while Gross Merchandise Volume was down 7% and annual active buyers declined by 2% while annual active sellers grew by 5%. So in summation there is more seller competition for a reduced buyer market and less merchandise in dollars. 

EBay is due to release its third quarter reporting on 27 October and I fear those numbers are not going to be good. There are a lot of things that could be impacting the slowdown in ecommerce including but not limited to: category of merchandise, increased ecommerce competition, more level playing field between ecommerce and B&M stores, shipping and logistical issues, inflation, constant eBay changes and technical issues, etc. One or more of these may be impacting all sellers while some are more individualistic. 

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

Same.  Sales should be picking up before the holidays but have not.  I didn't sell a single Halloween item.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

Same.  Sales should be picking up before the holidays but have not.  I didn't sell a single Halloween item.

It is bad here also.  Really need this to turn around - soon.  Better sales for all of us, really soon.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

Since Oct. 14, eBay Debacle Day, when all the category/item specifics changed, I've sold 2 items on Oct. 15. I revised all my listings to get things in the correct cats and IS up to snuff (which took me a week) so that's not the issue.

July is usually the slowest month and then sales take off again.  Sales picked up like they should and all was well UNTIL Debacle Day. My sis, who sells many items on a daily basis and offers a huge variety of vintage items across many categories, has had 9 sales since Oct. 15...pitiful, unheard of in her many years on eBay.

Historically (been selling since 2013), sales are booming this time of year and the dough is rolling in, but eBay and their confounded, untimely changes have sabotaged this. I find my 4th quarter excitement deflated and my impetus to list like a lunatic languishing as my income diminishes to almost nothing.

Paying our bills, etc., is partly dependent upon my eBay income as it is my sole job. My world seems very surreal right now...

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

P.S.  All my sales are Promoted Listings Standard, I offer Free 30 day returns, and have 100% positive feedback. The vintage/antique jewelry and other items I sell have all done well in the market since I began selling in 2013 up until October.

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my sales are down from last year. I pulled 26000 in nov alone last year.....this year is like 7000 between sites. But also remember the government is not giving everyone free checks this year and debt is finally catching up. In other words them credit cards are maxed out and even the rich are worried about inflation 

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

My sales are down as well. About 70% lower than last October and November. Thought sales would have picked up after Thanksgiving, but no. I've had ONE sale. Lots of watchers. No buyers. I think it's because there are no stimulus checks and people are out and about more this year after being locked up for over a year :o(

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Sales are WAY down

I still think it's eBay who by changing categories has made it harder for folks to find the items they used to seeing,  my sales are now down 51 % and it started right when they did the categories changes..  Damm you eBay for screwing things up.

Message 15 of 47
latest reply