cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNAD SCMAZZLE

Afternoon Folks,

This is why Ebay is DYING for SMALL Sellers.

If any of you follow my comments you know, from a few posts I made last week, that I made A LOT of purchases recently and mostly from small sellers.

Here is just a few of my experiences from these orders:

1) Purchased a BEAUTIFUL wall lamp to match another for the cabin. Item came loosely packed in an untaped, unsecured box slipped into a thin vinly mailer...no bubble wrap...nothing. Item arrived with package "clunking" and once I opened the flimsy mailer jacket the light is damaged beyond junk.

2) Purchased expensive sandpaper...came in manilla envelope...inside...damp to almost wet pack of paper rewrapped and short on paper with paper almost useless because it is not wet paper...it's for wood...cost a dollar a sheet.

3) Purchased a different pack of paper like above...different grit from different vendor. Not packaged at all, label simply taped over the store jacket that actually allows 30 to 40% of the paper literally exposed. Tape was over the back side and front, sticking to paper.

4) Purchased 10 male end connectors for commericial electrical cording...product was shaking around inside box...opened to find a nice note with 2 extras...for a total of 12...but no packaging...screws loose and product scruffed up from bouncing around in box.

5) Purchased 250' Roll M/C Electrical cable...was delivered by Lowes (didn't order from Lowes). Product well packaged and came quickly.

6) Purchased specialty hinges...bunched together...no protective packaging...stuffed in Flat Rate USPS bubble mailer.

7) Purchased specialty cabinet leg levelers...15 Inside a box...5 laid on top of box...no extra padding or protection slipped in Tyvek USPS envelope with the extra 5 subject to the mercy of the elements and USPS handling.

😎 2 Tires for Mrs C car...supposed to be here today....no tires and still haven't shipped.

9) 5 large packs of sandpaper from different vendor...well packaged in P/Mail box...excellent seller.

10) 2' x 3' MD decorative aluminum panel...shipped from H/Depot...damaged beyond repair...came in over size flat box...unsecured inside resulting in it slicing it's way out of the box.

So...based on discussing the above few items...no wonder folks are prone to be cranky as buyers.

In closing who would:

a)  Take all the time necessary to contact each seller to give them a chance to resolve

OR

b)           Just Simply open a bunch of SNAD's where applicable

Mr C

Message 1 of 209
latest reply
208 REPLIES 208

SNAD SCMAZZLE

Hi Mr C.

Ugh, that is a lot of sellers that could do with some "How to Pack & Ship " lessons !!

So sorry for your bad experiences.

And some sellers wonder why they can't make a go of it on ebay.

If they want return business they better start making the buyers first purchase

from them one that a buyer would want to repeat.

Message 2 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

Hi Mr C! I would take the time to message each one, but I'm retired and have the time. I have also received some items that were badly packaged and not protected, luckily only one was broken. The one that made me the angriest was a designer blouse, silk, that was just jammed in a plastic envelope and of course I cut into it trying to open the package. Arghhhh.
Message 3 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

@moondogblues wrote:
Hi Mr C! I would take the time to message each one, but I'm retired and have the time. I have also received some items that were badly packaged and not protected, luckily only one was broken. The one that made me the angriest was a designer blouse, silk, that was just jammed in a plastic envelope and of course I cut into it trying to open the package. Arghhhh.

Hi Moon,

Well everything I ordered is for the cabinet shop EXCEPT the light...it was for Mrs C...and it's ruined.

I like takin care of Mrs C and this stinks!

Mr C

Message 4 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

@hollysfinds wrote:

Hi Mr C.

Ugh, that is a lot of sellers that could do with some "How to Pack & Ship " lessons !!

So sorry for your bad experiences.

And some sellers wonder why they can't make a go of it on ebay.

If they want return business they better start making the buyers first purchase

from them one that a buyer would want to repeat.

Hi Holly,

It's beyond ridiculous.

Your one of the BEST packers on the planet...Mrs C has so much of your china...and everything came PERFECT!

Mr C

Message 5 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

Thank you for the compliment.

I'll pass it along to Bob.

My dear husband does all the packing ( So thankful I don't have to do that part.)

I can't take any of the credit for that part of the business.

Message 6 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

Opening a bunch of SNAD claims just might get you banned from the MBG program.  As much of a paid as it is, I'd contact the sellers directly.  This is so very disappointing. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 7 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

Some folks just don't get it that the "delivery" is the most important part of the sale.  

Message 8 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

@calntom wrote:

Some folks just don't get it that the "delivery" is the most important part of the sale.  

Hi Cal,

Years ago when GoPete was an active poster I had a discussion about packaging.

Out of thousands of packages sent I only recall 3 problems...all due to the P/O not us...but we still replaced the goods.

My post back then is just as relevant today.

"If you want to be an Ebay Seller YOU BETTER LOVE packing...because this is where you will spend most of your time if you want to be successful."

Mr C

Message 9 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

myboardid wrote:

Opening a bunch of SNAD claims just might get you banned from the MBG program.  As much of a paid as it is, I'd contact the sellers directly.  This is so very disappointing. 

Hi Boardid,

I am very understanding and will most likely do this...but the cranky part of me says...It' gonna take a lot of time and no way am I wanting to be stuck "FUNDING" a return whether it was a clueless/lazy/indifferent seller.  Last I knew I may simply get stuck having to pay return shipping due to someone elses porr packaging.

Even though I do not like the hasty jump many buyers make to a SNAD, I also don't want a refund...I want the product.

Sadly, in many of these purchases it was all they had...which is why many of my sales had multiple purchases...I purchased all they had.

Mr C

Edit...when I said, "I want the product" I mean...I want what SHOULD have been Sent...not what I now have.

Message 10 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

@thenobletuckylife wrote:

@calntom wrote:

Hi Cal,

Out of thousands of packages sent I only recall 3 problems...all due to the P/O not us...but we still replaced the goods.

"If you want to be an Ebay Seller YOU BETTER LOVE packing...because this is where you will spend most of your time if you want to be successful."

Mr C

Well said

Message 11 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

@thenobletuckylife wrote:

@calntom wrote:

Hi Cal,

Mr C

Ok Mr. wax paper perfect candle packer ,I have to watch over Mrs. C's shoulder while packing man Smiley Tongue

Hi Mr. C
Oh no it (The Lamp) wasn't her Birthday gift was it ? 
I would not just fire off all snad's I would take the time to  email first .
What a shame, feel bad this happened to you.
but maybe explains to me why this buyer with thousands of feedback sent me this note just 3 days ago. Guess they got sellers like yours in the past as well .

Hi to my friend Mrs. C please & Thank you

infant.JPG

Message 12 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

That is because people see packing supplies as eating into their profits. There is no excuses for that. The USPS has boxes of almost any size for most small to medium orders. Bubble wrap supplies are cheap on eBay. Save the supplies from other orders you place.

And yes, people pay close attention to how their order was packaged. Even in cases where I know the item cannot break, I use the "no shaking" rule to ensure there is no movement of the item in the package. I have never once had a buyer message me for a damaged item and I sell high end electronic equipment and cameras. 

I hope you file SNAD everywhere applicable. That is the only way they will learn. 

Message 13 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

@slati_2013 wrote:

That is because people see packing supplies as eating into their profits. There is no excuses for that. The USPS has boxes of almost any size for most small to medium orders. Bubble wrap supplies are cheap on eBay. Save the supplies from other orders you place.

And yes, people pay close attention to how their order was packaged. Even in cases where I know the item cannot break, I use the "no shaking" rule to ensure there is no movement of the item in the package. I have never once had a buyer message me for a damaged item and I sell high end electronic equipment and cameras. 

I hope you file SNAD everywhere applicable. That is the only way they will learn. 

And this is why some buyers go right to opening a SNAD.  Too many situations like this, and the buyer may be subjected to abuse for days whether you open a case or not.  The buyer may not want to waste time with contacting the seller first, even though Ebay suggests that.

I have a best friend who tells me after Ebay transactions like this, you will never learn.

Message 14 of 209
latest reply

SNAD SCMAZZLE

Good lord. I've had some close calls with stuff I've ordered that has been poorly packed, but I guess I've lucked out in that only one was a complete loss. I'm sorry to say it, but I think that we can expect more of this type of thing as new and inexperienced sellers replace veteran, experienced sellers who are moving to other platforms.

As a seller, I've only received two complaints about packaging in sixteen years; one was from a buyer fishing for a refund, and the other was a bit of a puzzlement, but the damage appeared to have been inflicted by USPS. Really, packaging is a no-brainer, but maybe your sellers are no-brainers themselves.

I'm curious: Were these indeed sellers with little or no track records, and what were their feedback comments like? This really stinks, as it puts ebay in a bad light, which makes it tougher for all ebay sellers.
Message 15 of 209
latest reply