cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW SALES??? Try This

IF YOUR SALES HAVE SLOWED DOWN TO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THIS PAST MONTH OR SO ~ CHECK YOUR STUFF!!!

Go to Google and check your stuff.  Be sure to NOT be logged in to ebay.  

I checked one of my very unique items, a RARE ITEM from the 1980s -Since I listed it several months ago-only one other here availble in the USA that I know of....

Not only did I NOT get true vintage items from the 1980s (first items I got were retro style but recently made stuff) but I got international stuff listed in Euros.  I only sell to US - always have - so I was astounded. 

Scrolled down the page-finally found my item, LISTED IN EUROS...but as per the shipping tab -ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE USA...

SO WHAT DOES EBAY THINK THEY ARE DOING?  We work our buns off to try and create honest listings for a good value and then Ebay takes our work, DOES NOT GIVE US CREDIT ( I used to be able to GET to my items from Google - now it seems I get to whatever - and WHEREVER!!  listing Ebay wants to promote -WHAT THE HELL???) AND PROMOTES WHATEVER THEY WANT TO WHOMEVER THEY THINK IS BEST - EVEN WHEN YOUR ITEM ISN'T AVAILALBE (and will NEVER BE!) to those buyers ...

OMG - I am soooo MAD ~ I could just spit!  AND I DON'T DO THAT...

Things are REALLY OUT OF CONTROL HERE!  If we DO THE WORK - we should get the credit.  NOT SOME **bleep**-ASS Seller marketing 2 or 3 use items out of China -so buyers here have to re-purchase and Chinese who are slowly plotting to take over the world pollute our once proud country with **bleep** counterfit items they made in 3D printers that work for 5 minutes!

EBAY SELLERS - UNITE and FIGHT !!  Do we need to copyright our listings??  I don't know the answer to this one - except PULL YOUR STUFF and list it somewhere else.

But if your sales are ridiculously down - like me -and from what I've been reading - MANY OTHER US SELLERS here.... This could be the reason. 

Decide for yourself.  In the meantime - I am pulling stuff and relisting on other selling platforms....I can't relist it all - but I will do what I can

\

Zaboozle -yep that's it, Zaboozle - Ize me!
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: SLOW SALES??? Try This

@leathernfeathers

After logging out of eBay, and closing the browser I opened a "new private window" and "googled" one of the items I sell by partial description that is in the title.

Image of my item pops up right on the 1st page along with like items.

7 of the 9 site choices on that page are eBay.

googled another.  My image 1st. eBay sites 1st choices.

googled another.  my item image was on the 1st page as "sponsored" with 3 other images

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@buyselljack2016wrote:

@leathernfeathers

After logging out of eBay, and closing the browser I opened a "new private window" and "googled" one of the items I sell by partial description that is in the title.

Image of my item pops up right on the 1st page along with like items.

7 of the 9 site choices on that page are eBay.

googled another.  My image 1st. eBay sites 1st choices.

googled another.  my item image was on the 1st page as "sponsored" with 3 other images

I just searched for a few of mine: they’re first or second in every case with a link to eBay USA.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@richards*rock*collectionwrote:
have you tried using the ebay promoted listing tool? eby wants us to pay an extra dollar now to be seen at all, its all about the money now, sad trombone!

Quarterly credit for "promoted" listings covers some of, or all of the costs of promoting if you don't over do it..

I tried a few, but did not see that it was worth the 2 minutes that it took me to do it.

My items generally show on the 1st page anyway, and showing it a second time did not seem to increase sales.

No money spent. Credit on invoice the couple of times that there was a sale.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

maybe google sell is worth looking at.
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Your comments are 100% rude and non constructive.. if this is how you make yourself feel important please get a hobby.. and in the future please move on and not comment on my posts.. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

I guess my point is that Google IS coming up with the items.  Google gives you the correct link to go to -and then you click the link -and strangely - you don't get there unless you keep looking.  On my other site - I click the link, I get right to the item.  This was the case on ebay as well-until kind of recently - again -unless the item was no longer available - then there was a redirect.   However-now there seems to be a redirect even when the item IS available. 

Zaboozle -yep that's it, Zaboozle - Ize me!
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@teeker_seekerswrote:

Your comments are 100% rude and non constructive. 

Actually, no, it was an explanation of the fundamental use of keywords on this site (if you actually want your stuff to be found by buyers).

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@teeker_seekerswrote:

Your comments are 100% rude and non constructive.. if this is how you make yourself feel important please get a hobby.. and in the future please move on and not comment on my posts.. 

He's just trying to point out to you that your best keywords need to be at the front of the listing - not the back.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Well it is eBay's fault .. if one sells one of a kind or vintage items they will have no product identifier referred to as PIDs. so no exposure on google shopping, also if one lists as an auction those items will not show up. That is as it has been for quite awhile.. the product identifier inclusion is new

'

Message 24 of 24
latest reply