cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES 1 YEAR COMPARISON

I REALIZE THAT A LOT OF EBAYER'S ARE EXPERIENCING SLOW OR NON EXISTANT SALES .  I TOO AM EXPERIENCING A BIG SLOW DOWN.  MY JANUARY 2017 SALES WERE $6015.09.  MY JANUARY 2018 SALES WERE $2469.56.  WE HAVE 7 DAYS LEFT IN FEBRUARY AND MY SALES ARE $1256.87. LAST YEAR IN FEBRUARY 2017 MY SALES WERE $4292.87.  I HAVE BEEN LISTING MORE ITEMS THAN I DID LAST YEAR, TAKING BETTER PICTURES ETC AND THE RESULTS ARE DISMAL.  I WISH I KNEW WHAT IS GOING ON???

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: SALES 1 YEAR COMPARISON

I, too, have seen a drop in sales...down 19.6% compared to last year.  Although I do not know for certain what is going on, I think that the eBay decision to move the promotional banner from the top to the bottom of the listing page, may be contributing to my slow sales.  

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@luxgoodswrote:

I WISH I KNEW WHAT IS GOING ON???

You are selling used clothing ... in case you were unaware, listings in those categories have tripled or quadrupled in the last couple of years.

The math is simple.  There is a lot more competition, and eBay's buyer traffic is flat. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

We all know it's been horrible for quite a while now. And it seems you're capped at a certain limit of sales each day / month - no matter how much new inventory you add. One thing I will suggest is to try facebook neighborhood yard sales. It's been a great place to get some sales going without fees. Maybe ebay will get the message in the near future to level the playing field.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

17 years here never been this bad down 43% from last year . We all need to look for better options when e-bay gets out sold by the ranch things here are pretty bad.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Are you on social media? instagram is popular for ebay resellers. It can bring traffic to your store and increase sales. You might want to check this out.

I am not willing to do the social media for my ebay store so I closed it.

ebay blog has articles on social media how tos and there are youtube videos from sellers that self report being successful (8k/mo) selling used clothing on ebay.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/The-Complete-Guide-to-Marketing-Your-eBay-Items-on-I...

Good luck! 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I had been experience deep drop in sales compared to 3-4 years ago. The only reason that I can find is lack of customer browsing our stores o listings. They could been migrating to other veneus.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@usedgoodsforsale2021wrote:

Are you on social media? instagram is popular for ebay resellers. It can bring traffic to your store and increase sales. You might want to check this out.

I am not willing to do the social media for my ebay store so I closed it.

ebay blog has articles on social media how tos and there are youtube videos from sellers that self report being successful (8k/mo) selling used clothing on ebay.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/The-Complete-Guide-to-Marketing-Your-eBay-Items-on-I...

Good luck! 

Thank u for giving us this link! 🙂

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I have experienced the same since October. I read on another thread that this most likely is the plan by the CEOs of eBay.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/2/1519091217.html

I miss the old eBay.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Down 42% compared to February 2017. My worst February since starting ebay selling in 2008. Sales get any slower and I will be out of business.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@stuff4divas you're welcome. Good luck!

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I read this whole article. It was interesting but I hope the CEO of Ebay remembers that without sellers, there is no Ebay. I felt like he wanted to get rid of the current sellers. I don't know about all this. Winds of change are a coming.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

This is my worst February in 18 years of selling.  So far, one sale the entire month.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Hey all.  Sorry to jump on your post, but I've been trying to start my own forever tonight, but get unable to authenticate message.

I thought I try responding to see if that works.  I had horrendous day dealing with PayPal/eBay about possible hack when trying to print labels.  

If this works, I'll try again tomorrow.  

Also, just wanted to say I have learned so much from just reading your answers on boards!!. You guys rock.  I hope your sales turn around soon.  2018 seems to blow all around!

Karen

Message 15 of 17
latest reply