cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revise Item - Ebay then CHANGES the PRICE

Anyone having issues where you list an item, then go to revise say the picture for a better one...  When i submit and review my listing, eBay changes my auction starting price from what i had originally.  Anyone have this issue?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I think I have read one other post like yours.

This is scary!

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Yes. I am having the same problem. I was looking to see if anyone else is having the issue and how to fix it. At least I know I am not the only one. 

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Omg, I knew I wasn’t crazy. I just listed an antique doll I KNOW  I put in a starting bid of $45. A few minutes after submitting I revised the listing ( I added a pound to the shipping because I put a little extra wrapping on her) weight and hit submit. 

Two minutes test later I got a first bid of $5.60!!!  I am now certain that that is ebays stupid “recommended starting price” **bleep** that is always wrong for vintage/used items. 😡 

I was thinking, this one will be like the good old days of .99 cent auctions.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

This is a horrible glitch.  I just now “pretended” to revise a fixed price, first class item down by 1 oz, and sure enough my fixed price reverted to some random price in the $2.00 range!  I don’t know what they are doing but it’s gonna hurt a lot of folks not looking over their whole listing.

I’ve also verified that this is only happening on items that were LISTED TODAY.  It does not change older listings. 

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@d.clawed 

You can cancel any bid on an auction  without explanation.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Hey thanks.  I’ve never done that.  Thought about it....but was willing to “take my lumps” as I thought it was my mistake at the time.  

Happily I now have TWO bids and my doll is bid up to a whopping 8.27.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Not cool, this just happened to me as well on an item I have listed for $299. The starting price changed to .99 when I revised the description. Not sure what todo! Everything I read says I will get penalized if I end my listing with bids..

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

The only penalty you get is a fine 1/10th the current bid. So if the auction is currently at $300 and you cancel the auction you pay $30.
Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@jerrythecrazyguy wrote:
The only penalty you get is a fine 1/10th the current bid. So if the auction is currently at $300 and you cancel the auction you pay $30.

Never heard of this before?  I do not do auctions so I am not sure?  Could you show us an eBay policy link that explains this?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

I keep revisiting this thread this morning to see if it’s hit anyone else.  I hate to sound like Chicken Little but...THE SKY IS FALLING!

I also posted over on the iOS board but no one seems to care. 

If if you are using an iPhone or iPad to revise ANYTHING in an auction item, the price will AUTOREVERT to ebays (minuscule) recommended pricing. 

Go ahead, try it! You will be hit with this if you revise a picture, revise your description, or revise your shipping info in any way. (You can also test this and hit cancel to abort your revision...but look at the price before you do...it will be a random low price!)

I just hope no one else gets nailed like I did by having an opportunist (ok,  a savvy bargain hunter) bid on your item moments after it goes live. 

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@Anonymous 

might want to test this out...........

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toysgames12 wrote:

Anyone having issues where you list an item, then go to revise say the picture for a better one...  When i submit and review my listing, eBay changes my auction starting price from what i had originally.  Anyone have this issue?

Hi everyone, I can confirm that this is a known issue we are working on currently. As long as there are no bids on the auction, you should be able to revise it and raise the price to resolve this for now. We will get a fix in place as soon as possible.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

I just revised a fixed price item prior to coming over to the boards and reading this thread. I went back to check and the price hadn't changed.

Perhaps the glitch has been fixed, but I'm still going to keep an eye on the item for the rest of the day/evening though, tomorrow too.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Yep! Revised a few Auctions last night, and they reverted to 99 cents!! I was on the phone app, caught the last one AS it changed and had to go back and revise the ones that I missed. I figured it was another crazy ebay "default".

Lesson learned: Don't do ANYTHING on ebay without paying full attention!

Message 15 of 30
latest reply