cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for eBay to call

This no longer seems like it's an option.  The only option I got was to email....I really prefer to talk to a live person!  Last month I had a buyer open a return....almost right at the 30 day mark.  Fine, so I wait and she doesn't send it back....then she somehow opens a case?  Not sure why except when I called ebay they said she wanted more time to send it back.  Geez!  So it arrives and I think this is unfair that she should get a full refund.  So I wanted to give a partial refund.  I am not a rental service!  Since it's a case, my only option was a full refund so I had customer service call me and do the partial.  I have free returns, this is a valid option!  I should NOT get a defect for this!  But, on my seller dashboard, there it is....a defect!  First one I have received in years....

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Request for eBay to call

Oh and on top of this, I am hardly making any sales since this defect was assigned!  It seems like my account is being punished for nothing!

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

@mynewfindstore 

You probably got the defect for getting Ebay involved and not handling the refund yourself.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@mynewfindstore 

You probably got the defect for getting Ebay involved and not handling the refund yourself.

Yeah...

I know it's in the policy but a warning/refresher would be nice when you are responding to a case..

"Settle this or we will and we'll slap you for it" 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

There was no way to do a partial refund and get fees back without calling eBay.  That should not go against me.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

@mynewfindstore wrote:

There was no way to do a partial refund and get fees back without calling eBay.  That should not go against me.  

Oh don't get me wrong.. I agree with you...

eBay can be a little defect drunk at times.. 

You can reach out to them with a message on their Facebook.

The reps there are pretty knowledgeable and have at least some authority. 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

Yes, I have contacted eBay for business on FB before.  I may do that if my email does not bring positive results.  I'd also know what I can do to get traffic back because since this happened, my store seems to be dead despite listing, re-listing, promoting, etc.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

The phone reps (who are not eBay employees but are subcontractors) are working from a script and have no authority.

Go with the "chat" feature.

Those reps are able to research and find solutions much better than the poor sods in the call centre.

And you are also forced  to state your problem clearly. Which is a good thing.

Sometimes just writing down the problem and seeing the important parts helps us solve it ourselves.

You may also find these reps more helpful.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Your buyer wanted to return her purchase.

You have free returns.

You agreed but she did not return it.

You had not sent her a Return Shipping Label - which is part of Free Returns.

She opened a Dispute.

You did not send a Return Shipping Label.

The purchase was returned.

It is as described and resalable.

She asks for a full refund.

You are willing to make a partial refund.

EBay found in her favour.

She got a full refund.

You got a Defect for not cooperating with the return and refund.

Is there an error in that summary?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

Yes there is an error....the shipping label is automatically generated when she opened the return since I have free returns.  I never have to actually "send" a label to anyone else.  Since I have free returns, I am within my rights to send a partial refund.  The first time I spoke to a rep, they said she opened a case to get more time to return the item.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

I got a response to my email to customer service....they say they will remove the defect!  It's still there now though...not sure why there is a delay.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

Thank you for the correction.

I don't like the idea of advertising Free Returns, and international tracked returns are very expensive, so I have no background on how those work.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Request for eBay to call

I do not do free returns on International sales.  I am in the US and use the Global Shipping option for International sales.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply