cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing feather listings

Is anyone else having an issue with EBAY removing feather sales from thier sites and Ebay stating it is because the birds are endangered species. I take issue with this because these are my birds, I own them, they naturally molt there feathers I collect them and then list them on EBAY to help off set the cost of feeding them and EBAY continues to remove my macaw feathers. But, yet I can go through EBAY and there are still tons of macaw feather listings! What gives? Am I listing them wrong? 

Audrey musso
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If the feathers in question are from a protected species, I don't think eBay would have much choice in allowing them to be sold on the site under federal law.  Of course, I'm no expert on such things.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Which species exactly?

This FWS page says some are being removed from the protected list:  https://www.fws.gov/endangered/what-we-do/parrots.html

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@majesticwings wrote:

Is anyone else having an issue with EBAY removing feather sales from thier sites and Ebay stating it is because the birds are endangered species. I take issue with this because these are my birds, I own them, they naturally molt there feathers I collect them and then list them on EBAY to help off set the cost of feeding them and EBAY continues to remove my macaw feathers. But, yet I can go through EBAY and there are still tons of macaw feather listings! What gives? Am I listing them wrong? 

Do not relist what ebay hath removed,

it's not wise to endanger your selling privileges.

EBay has not yet gotten to removing those other listings. Give it time.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Any part pelt or skin from an endangered animal is not allowed. Check here for the policy.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If it were me - I would start reporting the "other macaw feathers" listings from the other sellers to be on equal terms.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Unless of Course they are Chinese.  I tried once reporting elephant bone listed by China sellers - they stayed - but the American seller's listings disappearred - strange how that is huh?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply