cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relisting books problem

This problem started for me last week. Any time a book listing ends and I go to relist it, I get an error code message in red stating not allowed to list this in this catagory....which does not make sense when its a book and was there all the times before. I have tried everything. ebay's tech department tried to tell me it was a problem on my computer that they were not seeing this, yet the initial ebay agent said she could see the error code. Anyone else having this same problem? This was never an issue till last week. Thank you

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Relisting books problem

I second this - the problem has been going on since january, and despite kind words, it is clear this is not a priority fix for eBay.

Just today trying to a relist a book, won't even let me relist in the category eBay itself says is the right category.

Heidi, even if there is no fix yet, an update would be respectful to seller concerns at least.

Message 61 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

May I suggest NOT using the eBay catalog at all? Depending on the subject of the book, you may be able to find a "publications" subcategory in some other main category than Books.

For example, I have a collectibles price guide listed for which eBay's catalog contains the wrong product description (year and edition). So I put it in a Collectibles category and inserted the correct ISBN. My book is used, so of course I don't need or want stock photos.

I happen to know that Pottery & Glass has a subcategory for books and other publications. Another category, Culture & Ethnicity, is useful for books about geographic locations and people. Even fiction can fit into a SUBJECT area! You will have to create your own Item Specifics.

By the way, the easiest way to change categories is to use the bulk editor, within which you can edit specific entries individually. I started doing this when my computer balked at clicking the "change category" link on the SYI form -- it kept giving me a "javascript" error.

Hope this helps!

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 62 of 62
latest reply