cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relisting books problem

This problem started for me last week. Any time a book listing ends and I go to relist it, I get an error code message in red stating not allowed to list this in this catagory....which does not make sense when its a book and was there all the times before. I have tried everything. ebay's tech department tried to tell me it was a problem on my computer that they were not seeing this, yet the initial ebay agent said she could see the error code. Anyone else having this same problem? This was never an issue till last week. Thank you

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Relisting books problem

I don't have a program for bulk-editing my AZ books to raise the prices across the board. I did flirt with raising my shipping fees but decided it was simply making me less competitive.  So all I really did was purge my lowest price books.  I do have templates that allow me to charge more for international mail (before, I didn't offer it) plus more for heavy books/sets.

Times have changed dramatically for my book business these last several months. I used to have more Amazon listings and more sales than on Ebay. Now that I am keeping my Ebay inventory higher than in the past, I sell as much or more here.  Plus here I benefit from combined orders. 

Message 31 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

I actually did the price increase to my AZ listings page by page.  It was a little tedious. 😄  The good thing was that I ended up cleaning out my AZ listings of old/sold stock.  When you go into Manage Inventory there's a link to 'Manage Pricing'.  You can do a page of 25 listings all at once.  I started with the oldest pages, where most of the problems were. 

The AZ fee change has had some impact on my ebay sales.  I've seen a small uptick on both AZ and ebay.  That's always nice!

Message 32 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

It's absurd that you have to create a new listing for a book in order to resolve this problem. I haven't experienced this yet, but seeing as I almost exclusively sell books, I expect I'll be dealing with the issue soon. 

As far as photographs, I generally take 10-12 photos of everything I sell. I don't like to rely on someone's descriptions. I've been burned buying books that way in the past. I don't use stock photos.

I must really be out of the loop, but I saw someone's post recently where they said eBay had done away with "free" promotionals. Is that true? I was getting them regularly last year and sold a lot of books through the promotions. I haven't gotten a single one this year other than stuff I wouldn't use.

Message 33 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

It's absurd that you have to create a new listing for a book in order to resolve this problem. I haven't experienced this yet, but seeing as I almost exclusively sell books, I expect I'll be dealing with the issue soon. As far as photographs, I generally take 10-12 photos of everything I sell. I don't like to rely on someone's descriptions. I've been burned buying books that way in the past. I don't use stock photos. I must really be out of the loop, but I saw someone's post recently where they said eBay had done away with "free" promotionals. Is that true? I was getting them regularly last year and sold a lot of books through the promotions. I haven't gotten a single one this year other than stuff I wouldn't use.

Message 34 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

Sell similar gives the same error. Resisting gives the same error. Revising gives the same error. Ready to tear my hair out. 

Message 35 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

It's the same error message with every nonfiction book whether revising, relisting or sell similar.  Many times the catalog has the book in a completely incorrect category and I've had to manually change it.  Most of my books are nonfiction.  For some weird reason many nonfiction books are classified as cookbooks.

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

I've noticed that turbo lister will only recognize cookbooks in the nonfiction book category.  I have been able to list nonfiction online.  I've been locating a current listing (not mine) of the nonfiction book on ebay.  Then I click on 'Have one to sell? Sell now' to list the book.  I haven't tried to list a nonfiction book in the last day, however, so I don't know if it will still work. 

Message 37 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

To get Heidi or Trinton involved you need to "copy" them in on the thread via the @ symbol connection.  Otherwise they may or may not see it.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 38 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

I realized that it is only those books where I have manually changed the incorrect classification on eBay when originally listing that I am getting the error message on when relisting, revising or sell similar.  eBay customer service has told me they are aware of the problem. In the meantime it is better to relist with the ISBN in the incorrect category than to put "does not apply" to order to be able to fix the category.  Not sure how I feel about that...  Maybe I'll just let those sit (good till canceled) until the problem is resolved.

Message 39 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

I had a lovely variant. Book would not relist because I got the error associated with no photo.  But also when I clicked on the link I did not get my book at all. I got a list of OTHER people's books. 

I finally did an advanced search and found my book in my completed listings and was able to pull it up and relist that way. 

Fun times!

Message 40 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

this is still a mess, its putting book relistings into the textbook catagory when they are not textbooks!!! and it doesnt allow you too change it! so now what ebay?? great job

Message 41 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

Same story here..i believe this happened awhile back than disappeared..now back with a vengence..Most of my books are Non-Fiction because that is exactly what they are..Very frustrating since Im small potatoes

Message 42 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

This problem started for me today.  Some books culd be relisted without this happening, but other books not.  Doesn't make sense to me either, especially sinc books that would relist were in same category.  What have you tried?

Message 43 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

the only way I could relist them was by not using the catalog info, and starting over..it makes no sense whatsoever, they are in the catalog yet it wont allow you to use it becayse it puts it under text books....so essentially you have to uncheck the catalog inclusion and start over from scratch and not use stock photo either...it sure is a lot of work and a pain, were going on week 3 now of this being a problem, and ebay does nothign and denies it when you call.

Message 44 of 62
latest reply

Relisting books problem

Did it to me yesterday but for a new listing. I listed a book on Oregon cemeteries and it tried to put it in the Childrens catagory! When i changed the catagory to non fiction all the catalog info went away. The ebay catalog is a mess. 

Message 45 of 62
latest reply