cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered Mail and International Delivery: What Happens if customer isn't home at time of delivery?

Hi There,

I'm hoping someone may have some feedback on the following situation. 

I mailed an item ($200 value) via registered mail to an international customer.

After shipment occurred, the buyer writes me and says they have a change in

travel plans and now won't be home for another week. They are asking me what

will become of their registered package? 

Does anyone happen to know how many times the international postal carrier attempts

to deliver a package? Thanks for any feedback and hope you have a nice week ahead. 

🙂

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Registered Mail and International Delivery: What Happens if customer isn't home at time of delivery?

@kingofthecelts That would depend on the country and the carrier.

I would suggest to the buyer that they contact their local carrier and see if it's an option to request they hold the package until their return.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It will sit in customs waiting on the buyer to come in and pick it up. Depends on the item,but I would suspect your getting ready to deal with a international customs hanger. Informing a seller that they've had a change in travel plans right after they've been notified a item has been shipped is a red flag...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you both for your help! I'm really concerned about this.

Please advise what a customs hanger on person is?

I really appreciate any feedback and hope you have a nice day ahead!

🙂

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks again for any feedback.

Also, I'm wondering will the registered mail receipt

show delivery even though its not picked up at customs?

Thanks again, I really appreciate any feedback.

🙂

Message 5 of 5
latest reply