cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUDE COMMENTS

I am just wondering if any sellers out there have encountered rude comments from ebay lookers or buyers? Someone has contacted me about something I am selling and accusing me of trying to falsely advertise a collector piece. I try to do the very best I can in explaining what something is and never try to mislead people. But this person was just obnoxious! Sending me note after note and telling me everything I was selling was fake, etc. etc. It's just really uncalled for. Why can't people just be nice? We already have enough to deal with today without mean people in this world! Thanks for lettimg me blow off some steam!!  Have a good days folks!

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: RUDE COMMENTS

Has you confused with someone else, perhaps someone who posted here about having their account cancelled?

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

That’s what I was thinking..still odd though.

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

I've received my share of rude comments...from selling German postal history items with Nazi censorship marks to my prices.  I'm almost always kind in my replies...almost.  It doesn't bother me one bit.

Message 33 of 45
latest reply

I sell postal items,  first day covers, historic covers and the like.  My prices start at $1.29 for common first day covers and my auctions all start at $1.99. I charge a dollar postage in USA.  I sell tons!  Some folks buy one item that may be dear to them, and others buy 5, 10 and sometimes 50 items at a clip!

I had a guy send a scalding email  that I had some nerve to be selling my items at those prices!  These were items he'd find for a quarter each in a dealer box at a stamp show!   I was a rip off opportunist preying on the uneducated!

I did respond.  Yes, he could find the same items in a dealer box, but he had to go to a show.  There was travel time and expenses.  Maybe a hotel stay and admission cost to the show.  

And here he could sit on his couch and just buy things at will!  I explained I do pay a dime a piece but I have to  buy dealer lots of 1,000 plus pieces to get that price.  On a $2 item, the $1.90 didn't even start to cover my time in scanning the photos. Creating the listings, then picking the item from inventory to mail to him.  All delivered right to his couch!   Think of it as concierge treatment!    

I replied to him more as therapy for me, doing my venting!  Imagine my surprise when he responded and apologized.   He hadn't thought of it that way!    Kinda made my day!   

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 34 of 45
latest reply

I have a good one.

I got a message from a seller with the item's name in the subject line (naturally). I assumed USPS broke some more things (it was 3 Pyrex bowls) even though I packed those things like my life depended on it.

Anyway, the message started off nice, thanking me for the care that I took packing the items, and then it turned into something that my mother would say as a guilt trip.

"The bowls weren't glossy, and you didn't mention that in the listing. It didn't show in the pictures. Imagine my disappointment when I saw that only one bowl was shiny. I am going to leave you negative feedback for this."

That's fine, it's your right as a customer, and if you don't have anything better to do, knock yourself out.

She left negative feedback, as promised, however she added that she "contacted the seller and didn't receive an answer." Well, no. I mean, what is the response to that? Also, you sent it YESTERDAY and as my profile clearly shows, I work a full-time job and go to school, so apologies for not taking the time to compose a heartfelt response to unshiny bowls that were obviously not shiny in the pics.

Seriously.

Anyhoo, the point is that it bothered me for like 5 minutes, and then I realized it was kind of sad. And that's how I choose to think about rude comments. Sad.

🙂

A

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

Never reply to these kinds of comments.  Immediately block the username.  Make sure you also have your settings set that blocked people cant message you.  Dont respond or that allows them to reply to you for 30 days, bypassing your message blocking of blocked accounts.

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

When someone does this, in addition to adding them to your block list and then checking the box to restrict communication. 

END the listing and hit sell similar.

This bypasses the 30  day timer and prevents them from contacting you. 

Message 37 of 45
latest reply

What "30 day timer"?  

Message 38 of 45
latest reply

Yes and the easiest and quickest way to stop them is to not respond to anything and just simply block them and forget about it.

Don't spend to much time on stuff like that, just block and move forward. Those are definitely the kind of people you don't want to be selling to.

Message 39 of 45
latest reply

Don't respond.  But do check out to see if you did not make an error in the listing.  I collect diecast and I see many sellers who will list a Hot Wheels as  an original because they see the date 1967 stamped on the base. That is a patent date on Hot Wheels.  So I will email a seller to explain.    I do it nicely. I don't accuse them of being scammers or liars.   So in your situation, verify if the item is indeed vintage or a newer reissue.  A good clue is if you see 2 dates stamped on the item.  The older one is the patent date.   If your item says VINTAGE or collectible anywhere or replica or reissue, FOR SURE, IT'S A NEW ITEM and it 's NOT vintage.

Don't respond. Sometimes, they email so that you can lower the price and then they buy it.  Don't engage.  Block them from bidding and/or emailing if necessary.

Message 40 of 45
latest reply

When I get the rude comments I usually reply "Thanks" Most of time they go away. 

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND ANSWERS.  YOU ARE THE BEST!   antiqueshoes45

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

You are talking about a small town and in-person contact.

On line, however, it seems like people feel free to say what they want since it's not up close and personal and you don't know them.  

Message 43 of 45
latest reply

I collect those wonderful porcelain shoes....I have to say the ones you have listed are really fabulous. Just lovely....

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  

Message 45 of 45
latest reply