cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REQUIRED Size Item Specific in Womens Clothing Still Broken

We STILL don't have an option in the required size Item specific for the following:

0X

1X

2X

3X

4X

5X

6X

The above choices are retail industry standard sizing for womens plus size and has been for DECADES.   They are size selections plus size buyers search with.  The CORRECT options have been missing since your supposed fix last October.  When do you plan to fix this, eBay?

You do have 2XL, 3XL, 4XL etc but those aren't the same thing.  Those are used in missy, junior and mens sizing.  NOT WOMENS PLUS SIZING.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

That's not the only sizing that's missing still. I sent a follow up to the sdsupport e-mail - if I get any updates from them I will post here.

• Petite sizing
    • all petite plus sizing that used to be available is missing 0XP, 1XP, etc
  • Plus sizing
    • much of the plus sizing is missing like 1X, 2X, etc
  • Juniors sizing
    • juniors number sizes are there but all letter sizes S, M, XL, etc are missing
  • Maternity sizing
    • No sizing is there that's larger than XL

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Also missing--

Womens sizing by waist

22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 (the most common sizes being 24-32)

I don't understand how it hasn't been addressed yet?!  This seriously needs to get fixed and I don't want to have to edit every one of my listings that already have the correct item specific filled out.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

That's not the only sizing that's missing still. I sent a follow up to the sdsupport e-mail - if I get any updates from them I will post here.

The update was vague. It said the case has been processed and the responsible team is working on it. They will send an update after progress is made - and I think "after progress is made" means they will send an update when the changes are complete and they can close out the case.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Everybody, I posted on the "Questions for Town Hall" about this - fashion sellers and buyers, please check it out and add your comments and votes - I feel like we're being stonewalled on this and fashion is a big category here.  Also, for gawd's sake, this is a business, things need to be done professionally and to industry standard, not this halfazzed mess we have now. It's NOT fixed.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Questions-for-Seller-Town-Hall/Fashion-Category-Item-specifics-continu...

Thanks!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

These are all of the size filters offered on the left side of the page when you search for women's shirt- it's easy to see how much is missing or incorrect.

sizes1.jpg

sizes2.jpg

sizes3.jpg

sizes4.jpg

Even though a seller can manually type in a missing size to the item specifics- that does not make the size available in the filter on the left- and eBay has said that buyers use the size filters more often than they type size into the search box.

It's been almost 4 months since eBay screwed all of this up and they still haven't fixed the size problems.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Omg, is this why when I search for size 2 I get a barrage of size 2x mixed with size 2? That’s why I quit bothering to search for skirts on ebay! Wading through all the 2x to find 2 is exhausting on the eyes and not fun!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@krys888 wrote:

Omg, is this why when I search for size 2 I get a barrage of size 2x mixed with size 2? That’s why I quit bothering to search for skirts on ebay! Wading through all the 2x to find 2 is exhausting on the eyes and not fun!

Probably not. How are you searching for a size 2? Are you using the size filters on the left or are you typing 2 into the search bar?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Search bar. But its been a while. I quit bothering because of all the 2x’s. Was I searching wrong? I actually remember the last time I did it because I was looking for a specific type skirt, but yes, I put women’s size 2 skirt as part of the search description. Is that not how I’m supposed to do it? Again, that was a long time ago.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

When you put size 2 in search it's going to pull all sizes that contain the number 2. You can get more specific and omit terms like adding -2x, -2xl to the search bar, but the problem you described of all 2s (2X, 2XL, etc) appearing is why most buyers use the search filters on the left side instead of putting size in the search bar.

Search for a women's skirt without using any size in the search bar, then on the left click on the size filter. That should restrict your search results to the size you selected.

The problem being discussed in this thread is that eBay made changes to item specifics and omitted a lot of sizes from the preset options which means buyers can't find those sizes in the search filters on the left. It's a big problem that eBay says they're working on, but it's been 4 months and it's still a problem.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Good to know! Maybe I’ll try again sometime! Thank you!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yes - things are missing. I finally found rayon - under fabric 'type'. Huh?

Some of the auto-fill works great, but other times odd random items in odd random places appear, based on the title we create - brand names like "Sz" if you put "Sz Large", or & me if you use "Liz & Me", and so much "Pink" for everything - we have to get rid of those, replace them and hope we ferret out the strange "theme" ones as well as other boxes ticked for features our item does not have. 

This doesn't have to be so complicated.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 13
latest reply