cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick View In Stores Allows Add To Cart Without Viewing Listing Page

Has anyone else noticed the Quick View option in Stores?

Not sure if this is new or if it's been around for a bit and I just now noticed, but now when you hover over images in a seller's store it shows a "Quick View" button.

ebaystorequickview4.jpg

Clicking the button opens a pop up where you can scroll through the images and add to cart without ever looking at the full listing page.

ebaystorequickview5.jpg

Note - screenshots taken from desktop view in Chrome incognito browser (not sure if this is a test or if it displays the same on all browsers).

If this is the direction eBay is going, those extra 12 image slots may become even more important. 😮

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Wonder why it says shipping not specified? I ship Media Mail. 
No I guess it isn’t a feature you pay for. I don’t even touch those. 

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Because lacemaker is in Canada.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 17 of 42
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Because lacemaker is in Canada.

Actually, no. It was because I had a shipping location of Germany, left over from checking out something from a previous post.

image.png

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

haha, well either way you had an international location set on your search view.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Here's something that as a buyer I dislike about the functionality.

When you're on a seller's store page and click on a listing you get the pop up whether you click on the gallery image or the listing title.

On other websites, clicking the gallery image gives you the quick view, but clicking the item title takes you to full details.

If eBay keeps this around I'd really like to see that type of modification.

I'll also note that beyond the first few images when you right arrow to see more images, the thumbnails aren't loading. I keep getting a blue arrow load circle. If you mouse over the thumbnails or click on them the larger image shows, but the thumbnails aren't loading. Since this is a new rollout I don't know if that's a temporary server issue or a larger bug with the quick view. Not enough time to test it yet.

GLORIOUS!

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

When you're on a seller's store page and click on a listing you get the pop up whether you click on the gallery image or the listing title.

On other websites, clicking the gallery image gives you the quick view, but clicking the item title takes you to full details.

I'll also note that beyond the first few images when you right arrow to see more images, the thumbnails aren't loading. I keep getting a blue arrow load circle. If you mouse over the thumbnails or click on them the larger image shows, but the thumbnails aren't loading. Since this is a new rollout I don't know if that's a temporary server issue or a larger bug with the quick view. Not enough time to test it yet.

My first move, when I encounter a popup like that, would be to look for more information, if I was still interested after seeing the larger picture. I would probably trying clicking on the picture again, which works on a lot of websites. That doesn't work in this case, but the next thing I noticed was a white button that says "More details" (underneath the prominent blue Add to Cart button). If you click on that, it takes you to the listing page.

I have trained myself to look closer anytime there are two buttons like that. One of them is always more prominent (because the website wants me to click that one). However, if the website wants me to click the obvious button, then I probably don't want to click it. 

A good example: any popup that asks for permission (for anything) always find and click "No", or find the X to close the popup (sometimes takes a few seconds before it shows up). If the popup won't go away when you do that, then close the browser and don't go back there, because it's a phishing site. It's not a legitimate site.

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@wastingtime101  that's interesting. When I was testing, it only showed the Quick View button when hovering over the gallery image and I had to specifically click on the button itself to pop up the quick view - clicking anywhere else on the image or clicking the title took me to the regular listing page.

Maybe they are A/B testing that part of the functionality. I definitely wouldn't like what you described as a buyer either.

I'm seeing the same thing you are with the thumbnails too.

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@wastingtime101  that's interesting. When I was testing, it only showed the Quick View button when hovering over the gallery image and I had to specifically click on the button itself to pop up the quick view - clicking anywhere else on the image or clicking the title took me to the regular listing page.

I don't see any Quick View button when I mouse over a listing, just the pointing hand that shows it is clickable. Clicking either on the picture or on the title opens the Quick View popup.

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

Ugh..........that possibly would work OK for new stuff...........but for used....when condition flaws are VITAL information.....it sure could be considered a misrepresentation by a buyer......

devon@ebay   change or test?  could you inform "the team" of the problem with no condition information about used items?

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

I don't see any Quick View button when I mouse over a listing, just the pointing hand that shows it is clickable. Clicking either on the picture or on the title opens the Quick View popup.

@lacemaker3 I really hope they don't stick with that functionality. 😞

Here's how it's currently working for me (I should add that Quick View isn't showing at all for me in Chrome now but is showing in FireFox - but this is also how it was working for me yesterday in Chrome):

Hovering over the image causes a button to show and I only get the pop up after clicking that button.

2023-01-21_09-39-07.jpg

If they are going to move forward with this, I hope they at least go with this version of the functionality. Much better in my opinion to make it explicitly the buyers choice to view it that way rather than having Quick View forced as the default when clicking on the image or title.

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

When I was testing, it only showed the Quick View button when hovering over the gallery image and I had to specifically click on the button itself to pop up the quick view - clicking anywhere else on the image or clicking the title took me to the regular listing page.

I don't see a quick view button.

I'm looking at a storefront when this happens. When I scroll down to see all and am taken to the search page quick view isn't active. They're probably doing a test on storefronts before expanding.

On storefront there's no quick view button for me. You click anywhere be it image or title and you get the quick view popup.

There's obviously a view full details button on the pop up (although I think it should be prominently blue like the add to cart button), but the point is buyers are forced in to the pop-up and don't have the option to go to the full listing page without multiple clicks.

I'd like to see the choice between quick view and full view from that storefront (or search if/when this expands) - like you described a button to click for quick view or click outside the button for full view.

There are times where I do actively use quick view on other sites to check out larger photos without clicking into the listing just to gauge my interest level, or because it's an item I've purchased before and just need to restock, but there are more times where I want to go directly to the full listing and read all details.

GLORIOUS!

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

When I was testing, it only showed the Quick View button when hovering over the gallery image and I had to specifically click on the button itself to pop up the quick view - clicking anywhere else on the image or clicking the title took me to the regular listing page.

I don't see a quick view button.

I'm looking at a storefront when this happens. When I scroll down to see all and am taken to the search page quick view isn't active. They're probably doing a test on storefronts before expanding.

On storefront there's no quick view button for me. You click anywhere be it image or title and you get the quick view popup.

There's obviously a view full details button on the pop up (although I think it should be prominently blue like the add to cart button), but the point is buyers are forced in to the pop-up and don't have the option to go to the full listing page without multiple clicks.

I'd like to see the choice between quick view and full view from that storefront (or search if/when this expands) - like you described a button to click for quick view or click outside the button for full view.

There are times where I do actively use quick view on other sites to check out larger photos without clicking into the listing just to gauge my interest level, or because it's an item I've purchased before and just need to restock, but there are more times where I want to go directly to the full listing and read all details.

@wastingtime101- yep, only seeing it in storefronts at this time.

I'm now seeing the functionality you described in Chrome - definitely do not like it.

Still seeing the button functionality like in my screenshot above in FireFox.

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

I agree, the presence/absence of the Quick view button is browser dependent.

I am seeing the Quick View button (though mine is black, not white like yours) in Edge, but not in FireFox.

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Still seeing the button functionality like in my screenshot above in FireFox.

No button Firefox on iOS

GLORIOUS!

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

not in FireFox.

I'm seeing it in Firefox........(black)

Message 30 of 42
latest reply