cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding an open case/communication with eBay

I had a case opened because the item was not received. It was international - so I emailed the customer and asked about VAT/import charges, if they had attempted to pick up (it is waiting in the Distribution Center on their end) and received no response. eBay advised me not to worry and not to refund until I heard from them. Yet eBay refunded all including shipping this morning. I don't mind refunding if the buyer responds and lets me know what is going on, but would like to know if it was just a remorse purchase or if they had at least attempted to receive it. Also, I would never have listed international, except that it said it was "Seller protected". eBay surely didn't protect me in this situation - what does "seller protected mean"? Do I need to stop offering items internationally? Many thanks for any input you can provide.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Question regarding an open case/communication with eBay

@ann5059- Was the package shipped using a method that offered door to door tracking? What did the last tracking update say?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It said it was sitting in the jamaica distribution center.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Your package never left Jamaica, NY- OR- it didn't have tracking for the international leg of the journey and your buyer took advantage of that.

To what country did you ship?

What shipping service did you use (ex. USPS First Class International)?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply