cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on accepting offer

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a request from a Buyer making an offer on an auction item. The item has four or five days before ending with no current bids as yet. If it is possible how do I go about doing this. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Looks like you haven't sold anything in quite a while.  Did the individual contact you or ask you to contact them outside of the ebay platform?  If not, accept the offer which will end the auction/sale and send them an invoice to pay.  If you feel you can get more bids in next 3-4 days, don't accept the offer and hope for the best.  

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Usually the best method is to suggest that the scammer buyer bid. Suggest that he may get it cheaper than his offer if he waits another couple of days.

I mean, it's not insulin. He'll live without it. Heck, it could be shipped five minutes from now and still get delayed in transit for weeks.

An early Offer on an Auction usually means there is good interest in the item and that you will receive more bids closer to closing.

Oh. And Offers on Auctions are normally HIGHER than the opening bid. Which is the opposite from Offers on Fixed Price listings.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply