cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question from buyer

I have been selling on eBay for over 20+ years and had a buyer message me today asking what I considered an unusual request, below is their message and just curious if anyone can provide me with some insight into this. Thanks 

Seller Can You Adjust Shipping Charges On Recovery Of Our Health Care 😘 Thanks.buyer.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Question from buyer

I think what they mean to say is "please add me to your blocked bidders list"....??

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Question from buyer

Reminds me when we go out to a restaurant and we pay a % charge for health care of employees on the check.

Sounds like asking for free shipping without asking for it.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Question from buyer

Well it’s unusual because they were the winning bid and they have been selling on eBay for a while, but yeah my thought exactly 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Question from buyer

I think the only one who can answer that is your buyer.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Question from buyer

It sounds like they are asking for cheaper (or possibly free) shipping on account of a recent infirmity.

It doesn’t happen often, but sometimes a message arrives with a sad tale, asking for a discount or free gift. Since i try to answer every query,  i usually respond along these lines if i cannot accommodate their request.

Dear Buyer,

Thank you for your interest in our listing. We regret that shipping costs are fixed and cannot be adjusted.

Sincerely, Your Seller”

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Question from buyer

That request makes no sense.

I would ask the buyer to explain.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Question from buyer

@seanandlaruescollectibles wrote:

I have been selling on eBay for over 20+ years and had a buyer message me today asking what I considered an unusual request, below is their message and just curious if anyone can provide me with some insight into this. Thanks 

Seller Can You Adjust Shipping Charges On Recovery Of Our Health Care 😘 Thanks.buyer.

I agree with the above replies that they are just fishing for a break on the Shipping charges (regardless of some weird wording, possibly their auto-correct going a little bonkers). I would send them the reply suggested earlier about how Shipping charges are fixed, and ask if they would like to cancel.

If in fact they have already paid then I would just ship as usual. (I get the sense that they probably send off that question to every seller they buy from.)

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Question from buyer

As others have said, the buyer's question makes no sense.

Is it worth playing twenty questions to perhaps make the sale or is it best to just block the buyer?

You know what the item is and how much additional time you are willing to invest in making it go away.

I am currently not inclined to lower any prices and to change any shipping charges except as a result of combined shipping.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply