cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about leaving feedback

I ordered an item on the 4th of February, the estimated date of arrival was the 13th. The item did not show up because the seller didn’t ship the item. I sent them several messages and they never got back to me. So, at the end of the day on the 13th I left negative feedback as I was going to ask for a refund the following day. When I woke up, I saw that the seller said they would ship the item today (isn’t the post office closed on Sundays?) so I decided to give them another week. Was I wrong to leave the negative feedback? Sorry if I was, I’m still kind of new to eBay. Thank you for your time!! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Two things to remember, 1) Feedback is voluntary, for both buyer and seller, and 2) Feedback is the opinion - on either party's part - regarding the quality of the transaction. 

Considering the circumstances you described, many may feel that your feedback was warranted.  Especially, posted past the suggested 'arrival date', without any response to emails.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Two things to remember, 1) Feedback is voluntary, for both buyer and seller, and 2) Feedback is the opinion - on either party's part - regarding the quality of the transaction. 

Considering the circumstances you described, many may feel that your feedback was warranted.  Especially, posted past the suggested 'arrival date', without any response to emails.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If the item has an estimated delivery date of yesterday. I usually would give it another week, but since the seller admitted that they haven’t shipped it, you should open an item not received case now.

You have 60 days to leave feedback. That should be held off until the transaction is complete. 

If you bought from China, they are trying to get you passed the date to open a case.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply