cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about ebay's shipping supply discount.

Can you use your last quarter discount on December 31st ... then turn around and a day later use your 1st quarter credit on January 1st?

Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I'm sure you can. However, waiting to the last minute might mean the supplies you intended to buy are out of stock. I usually pick up record boxes at least every other quarter. This quarter, when I ordered the other day, they had none listed. 

For me, there are only two supplies they offer I find useful. All my other supplies come from other suppliers at a WAY better price, since I order bulk. The two I order from eBay, I don't use gobs of them. 

No real advantage to waiting to buy. You don't get a discount or save anything. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Yes.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Yes & Yes 😎

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Where is this supply store?  And how do you earn a discount?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Your coupons are only good during the quarter they are issued for.  So the one issued on October 1st is good until December 31st.  One per quarter, period.  And yes on January 1st when you get the next quarter's coupon you can spend it on the 1st or anytime before March 31st.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@tthodgepodge wrote:

www.ebay.com/str/ebayshippingsupplies

Because you have a ebay store you get a $25 credit every quarter on supplies.

To get your coupon code, go to your store, click on "manage my store", then click on "subscriber discounts".

Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

You could use your 4th quarter coupon a few minutes before midnight as long as what you want is in stock.

Then wait until 12:01am and make another order using the new code for the 1st quarter of 2023.  

The way that I look at it, that just gives a greater chance of something going wrong on your order by placing two orders so close together.  But maybe it will work out.  They've messed up my bag orders at least 3 different times that I can think of, but they've always come through with outstanding customer service to make it right.

The last time I ordered, they only sent half of the bags, and when I sent them a message explaining the problem and included photos of the order, they sent the other half using 2nd day.  Really quick response and faster fix to the problem. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote: ... Because you have a ebay store you get a $25 credit every quarter on supplies....

The value of the supplies coupon depends on the level of your Store subscription.  Starter stores do not get one; Basic stores get $25, and so on up to Anchor stores which get $150.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Yes but on the last day it’ll probably be slim pickings. They run out of stock pretty early or they did when I was selling.

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:

Yes but on the last day it’ll probably be slim pickings. They run out of stock pretty early or they did when I was selling.

Wouldn't the last day of a coupon quarter have about the same items available as the 1st day of the next quarter?   

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@tthodgepodge wrote:

www.ebay.com/str/ebayshippingsupplies

Because you have a ebay store you get a $25 credit every quarter on supplies.

To get your coupon code, go to your store, click on "manage my store", then click on "subscriber discounts".

@tthodgepodge 

Basic Stores get a $25 quarterly coupon.

Premium Stores get $50

Anchor Stores get $150

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@mg152 wrote:

I've only known one or two months, during the pandemic when this was true.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

No need to wait. See what supplies you are low on now and order. Then you will have until March 31 to order again. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I'm not at all sure why anyone needs to play games on when they use their coupon and when they don't.  It is so simple.  Just use it within the quarter it was issued, period.  Or don't use it and lose it.  Seller choice.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply