cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about eBay message I just received

Hi,

Just need some advice about a message I just got from ebay :  

Problem is this item was paid for 2.5.24 and shipped 2.6.24 

Any advice what I should do about this ?

Hello ,
We wanted to let you know that a bid or order for the listing below was canceled because of an issue with the buyer’s account:

364703690860 - 2022 SUPER GLOW ALLEN IVERSON "THE ANSWER" INSCRIBED PATCH AUTO AUTOGRAPH /45 !

We understand that this must be disappointing, but unfortunately the buyer, phowhit94, is no longer registered on eBay so we had to cancel all of their open transactions.

Here’s what you should do
  • Don’t complete the sale or ship the item to phowhit94 if you haven’t done so yet.
  • Don’t communicate any further with phowhit94, especially if they get in touch with you outside of eBay. 
  • If phowhit94 requests a payment or refund, don’t send any money without contacting eBay first. If payment was processed, a refund has not been issued yet just in case you’ve already shipped the item.
  • If you already sent the item, contact the shipper to find out if you can stop the delivery and have the item returned to you.
  • If your listing has ended, you can relist your item.
And remember, we’re here to help so please get in touch with any questions you might have.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Do nothing. You shipped, presumably with tracking based on a quick glance at your listings and ship costs, so you are covered.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Correct as you stated above. Just caught me off guard , appreciate the response 

Thanks 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

These darn emails are scary to be sure.  But vast majority of the time sellers will be just fine.  They don't need to do anything.  Just go on with life.

I've had my share of these over the years.  They usually come in well after you have shipped item, so not really much a seller can do about it.  Out of all the ones I've gotten over the years, I have never lost ANY money because of them nor have I had any issue with the transaction.

Now the bonus for you is, Ebay refunds your selling fees on this transaction.  So that is always a welcomed sight.  

Try not to worry.  It is highly likely you are just fine.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply