cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase History no longer functions

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but for the past few months Purchase History only brings up a blank eBay page.

Go ahead and give it a try.  Any item that you've sold multiple quantities of.

I've tried it about a hundred times in the past 3 months with both Firefox and IE on multiple computers.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@gozhven

"Purchase History" shows items YOU have *purchased* not sold.  So logically, if you have never *purchased* any items on your selling account, the list will be empty because you haven't bought anything on eBay from that account.

Are you sure you're not talking about (or looking for) your "Sold" items  (i.e., items you have SOLD including those with multiple quantities)?   When I look at my "Solds" the list is correct including for any items where multiple quantities.

Both my Purchase and Sold histories display fine.  I'm using Chrome.  Have you tried that browser as well?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@livadia wrote:

@gozhven

"Purchase History" shows items YOU have *purchased* not sold.  So logically, if you have never *purchased* any items on your selling account, the list will be empty because you haven't bought anything on eBay from that account.

Are you sure you're not talking about (or looking for) your "Sold" items  (i.e., items you have SOLD including those with multiple quantities)?   When I look at my "Solds" the list is correct including for any items where multiple quantities.

Could the OP really be looking at the Purchase History page as a list of things others have purchased from them?

Really?

Nawwwhhhh, G'won .....

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hi lividia.

Thank you for the response.

If you have an item listed with Buy it Now and have quantity greater than one, when you go to the item page, there are several seller links at the top.

On the right it shows how many views the listing has, duration, time listed, and possibly the ID of the buyer.

On the left are  links for Revise, Sell Similar, Shipping Discounts, Offer settings (if you had Best Offer), and "View Purchase History" is actually at the top of the list.

Again, this only comes up if you had a quantity greater than 1 otherwise it would say "View Order Details."

When you click the "View Purchases" link, it shows you the summary of each sale.  Comes in very handy when you've sold dozens of an item.

But after reading your reply, I can definitely see how my title of this post would be confusing.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@gozhven wrote:

Hi lividia.

If you have an item listed with Buy it Now and have quantity greater than one, when you go to the item page, there are several seller links at the top.

@gozhven

Even if I look at *that* "Purchase History" my "solds" come up fine.  Again, I'm using Chrome.  If you try viewing the same thing in Chrome and still get nothing, then perhaps did you relist the item using "Sell Similar?"   If you did, that would have wiped out any past selling/purchase info so the page would be blank.

HTH

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@gozhven wrote:

When you click the "View Purchases" link, it shows you the summary of each sale.  Comes in very handy when you've sold dozens of an item.

But after reading your reply, I can definitely see how my title of this post would be confusing.

A screenshot might be helpful here. But as you describe it, yes, labeling such a link "View Sales" instead might be clearer.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@gozhven wrote:

Hi lividia.

On the right it shows how many views the listing has, duration, time listed, and possibly the ID of the buyer.

On the left are  links for Revise, Sell Similar, Shipping Discounts, Offer settings (if you had Best Offer), and "View Purchase History" is actually at the top of the list.

Again, this only comes up if you had a quantity greater than 1 otherwise it would say "View Order Details."

Mine's working fine. I can view the # of purchases made. maybe it's your browser or you need to clear cookies & cache?

Are these GTC listings or have you wiped out the history every time you've relisted?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yes.  They are GTC.

Firefox clears cache and cookies automatically.

I tried on other PC with IE (whatever the current version is) and same result.

I've never used chrome but will give it a whirl.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It comes up fine for me in Firefox 3.6.24 and Firefox 31 (very old versions). My listings are not GTC.

In Firefox, try hitting CTRL-U when on that page to bring up a view source dialog. Does any of the desired item information appear in the raw HTML you see there (like buyer's ebay ids, sold prices, sold dates, etc)? If so, then there is something about your Firefox version of the scripts ebay uses that are not allowing the page to render properly in your browser.

That type of issue is typically one that arises when using an older browser like I do. For example, my unsold items page is mostly a big blank white expanse in FF3.6.24. That old browser just doesn't have the capabilities to render the pages using the newer browser technologies eBay chose to use on the new unsold items interface. I use FF31 for that instead. Seller dashboard mostly displays in FF3.6.2.4, but none of the collapsed section can be expanded when clicked. New Leave Feedback page is a big white emptiness in FF3.6.24 also. I us FF31 for those tasks also.

Recently saw an issue with a seller trying to set up Promoted listings, but the promoted listings campaign page was dead in her latest version of Firefox - she couldn't click anything or proceed. Got her to install older Firefox Portable v52.7.3ESR to perform that task, and she is back in business.

Unknown if your issue is a browser issue, or if the info just isn't there due to GTC or deletion. That is something you will need to determine - if you are trying to get something that doesn't exist to display, or if the info is there but browser isn't cooperating.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Latest Firefox, shows up OK, though a bit slow to load.  (Maybe because of 981 sold.)

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

►Maybe because of 981 sold

Rubbin' it in, huh? grin

So latest Firefox (Quantum 59.0.2?), FF3.6.24, FF31, and Chrome have no problem with that page.
Maybe an account specific glitch, or there really is no purchase history as Livadia speculated.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply