cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion fees

I wanted to comment on the promotional fees. I usually do 500 auctions a month and refused to pay fees on auction however I have been noticing that my views are from0-35ish not enough in my oppion  to keep  selling auction style or pay extra fees. Now if everyone was paying extra fees how can they keep placing a ad  in front of all the people. Is it getting time to leave? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Promotion fees

How much do promoted listings cost? eBay promoted listings follow a bidding system: They cost as much or as little as you want them to. The cost is a percentage of the final sale price, which you select when you set up your promoted listing. This can be anywhere from 1% to 20% of your final sale price.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Promotion fees

@e-4sell wrote:

I wanted to comment on the promotional fees. I usually do 500 auctions a month and refused to pay fees on auction however I have been noticing that my views are from0-35ish not enough in my oppion  to keep  selling auction style or pay extra fees. Now if everyone was paying extra fees how can they keep placing a ad  in front of all the people. Is it getting time to leave? 

I don't wast my money on anything that, even if it did work (is self defeating).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Promotion fees

I pay enough in fees and work hard on here like many others with their listings. 

I still believe a true shopper will do their research to find the exact item and price they want to pay and not just buy an item that is promoted ahead of my listing that could be higher than mine just because the buyer has no patience for doing some research or just needing that good vibe of buying something for self-satisfaction.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Promotion fees

I do not understand this Promoted Listings?

What is the difference between Promoted Listing and a Sponsored Listing?

Looking thru listing I see sponsored, non sponsored and then sponsored.  They are mixed together and the sponsored are no placed at the top so I do not understand what sponsored is.

Five days ago I Promoted a listing.  The recommended rate was 4.7% and then it was 9.1%.  I selected 15%.  I just searched for the Promoted listing I made and can not find it it the search function.  After going thru 1440 listings I give up.  So does this mean the the 1440 listing I went thru have a higher Promoted rate than my 15%?  If I select 50% does that place item in a different search position?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply