cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listings

I just noticed that on some of my listings that I also use also us promoted listings, only the promoted listing shows up in a search.

In the beginning when I first started using promoted listings, both the regular listing and the promoted listing would show in a search.

I have no idea why my regular listings won't show.

Anyone else noticed this when using promoted listings?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Promoted listings

Promoted listings

Thanks!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Promoted listings

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@classic-diecast-models 

I believe you will find you answer in the Fall Seller Update. 

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-fall/growth-tools.html#access-promoted-list...

After reading that all I can say is ...

Haha! "They'll choose which listing to show, based on factors ..." Hmmm I wonder which one will it be???! What a joke! It will be the one that will make them the most money, no doubt. Another way for Ebay to take more. So basically you'd be better off not doing promoted listings, because that won't give them the choice?

I'm so frustrated with this website! It is awful!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Promoted listings

Thanks, just read it.

I was doing better without promoted listings. What was selling good before, now sells mostly with promoted listing.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Promoted listings

@classic-diecast-models wrote:
Thanks, just read it.

I was doing better without promoted listings. What was selling good before, now sells mostly with promoted listing.

Same.
We paused our promoted listing campaign and... our sales went up today.
If this continues, so eBay needs to fix the system, as promoted listing is not helping.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Promoted listings

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @classic-diecast-models - our weekly chat is today and is going to be hosted by the Promoted Listing team directly. I encourage you to participate if you can, as they will be able to answer questions and looking for feedback.

Link here. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Promoted listings

We had 10,000 sales on Ebay for one item, Ebay noticed this removed the item for no reason and made us promote it to make 8% more profit. Watch out
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Promoted listings

Ebay promised an extra listing to help get you seen. Then as usual they changed their mind , pulled the rug out from under us, and in my opinion stole money from sellers by forcing sales to all come from the higher fee listings.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Promoted listings

Many buyers complained of seeing a listing twice, once as a promoted listing and again in the regular search.  There are even some posts on the discussion boards asking how NOT to see promoted listings.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 10 of 10
latest reply