cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listings

Hi, has anyone had any luck with the promoted listings feature? Do you really get more visibility?  I am not using it and it seems my sales have dropped off a lot lately.

Any feedback is appreciated.

TIA

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Promoted listings

Yes, listing promotions help a lot. you will get at least 1 or 2 sales depending on how much you are spending
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

CHINA AND PROMOTED LISTINGS. Ebay wins Seller LOOSES!
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

ebay is allowing duplicate listing and calling it Promoted listings and charging more for your item to be in normal place of search and at top so  we have to see the same **bleep** over and over ! 

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

@twolewts wrote:

Hi, has anyone had any luck with the promoted listings feature? Do you really get more visibility?  I am not using it and it seems my sales have dropped off a lot lately.

TIA

They work for me.

Even if they don't buy that particular promoted item, it brings buyers to my store and they may buy something else or send me a message about an item.

My sales & views lifted once I promoted all 800+ listings.

Can you tell us what % worked for you?        10% is no good if your competition is doing 11%     Right?

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@vintagepl wrote:
I noticed a marked difference in sales once I started using promoted listings but I still resent the extra fee.

To me it's like I'm paying them again for something I've already paid for.      

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

No. I will not beg and bid for sales. This is not an mlm job. Sorry not sorry. Never. Period. Its just offensive. Ebay is not doing anything better in return, unlike google.
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@pmcarparts wrote:

not for me.... Compared to same period a year ago 70% down....

Joke? laughinglaughing ???

But see link below :

https://www.channelreply.com/blog/view/ebay-business-strategy-2018-2019

Anyway we all of the strategy... No result found Smiley Happy

My sales are down 30% compared to last year.

I think this is pretty common for small eBay sellers.

But without the promoted listings, sales would have been down even more for me.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

@stuff4divas wrote:

@twolewts wrote:

TIA

They work for me.

Even if they don't buy that particular promoted item, it brings buyers to my store and they may buy something else or send me a message about an item.

My sales & views lifted once I promoted all 800+ listings.

Can you tell us what % worked for you?        10% is no good if your competition is doing 11%     Right?

I promote UNDER the suggested %.

I cannot promote as high as eBay suggests. Too expensive for me.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Hi,
I'm getting a lot more views on the listings that I have promoted. However, their book keeping doesn't seem very good because they say I've only sold 1 item that was promoted when I'm pretty sure it's at least 3.
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

I am trying it with one item that I have multiples of, a locally produced T shirt. There are zillions of t shirts out there and I was not getting too many views even. So I said to myself lets try it. I picked the recommended percentage, which was 8.3% A couple days went by. Not too many views. Looked at "edit promoted listing". Recommended percentage is now 9.1% Wonder what it will be next week? I can't afford to go any higher, had to raise the price of the shirts as it is.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply