cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices

Where on gods green earth do some people come up with these prices. They have to be out of their minds. Either they think the buyers are stupid are they are. No reasonable person will pay $50 plus $20 shipping for something like an EMPTY Johnnie Walker Blue Liquor bottle.  People need a reality check.

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Prices

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@dnasilver wrote:

It is not illegal for an individual in their own home to put liquor in a bottle. They can put it in a bathtub if they want.

~*My preference, always.*~

Jungle juice, anyone? 😋

Message 31 of 64
latest reply

@robbun_1511 wrote:

Where on gods green earth do some people come up with these prices. They have to be out of their minds. Either they think the buyers are stupid are they are. No reasonable person will pay $50 plus $20 shipping for something like an EMPTY Johnnie Walker Blue Liquor bottle.  People need a reality check.

Sorry you are priced out of the market for empty Johnnie Walker Blue bottles.  Hope you can find a substitute you can afford.  Cheers.

-

Message 32 of 64
latest reply

@mybigsale wrote:

@robbun_1511 wrote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Why do you want to deny the beholder his bottle and the buyer his profit?

Sold $590 eBay 

Used Johnny Walker Blue Old Label 200th anniversary Empty Bottle set

s-l1200.jpg

That little square bottle is pretty nifty.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 33 of 64
latest reply

I've gotten $50 - $100+ for paper that most people would throw away.

As someone upthread said, one man's trash is another's treasure.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 34 of 64
latest reply

@robbun_1511 wrote:

I don't know which bottle you are talking about but $50 seems reasonable for some JW Blue bottles and dirt cheap for others.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=johnnie+walker+blue+label&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Compl...

Message 35 of 64
latest reply

I used to work on cruise ships where it is a 3 day cruise to nowhere which passengers drink like there's no tomorrow since your at sea for 3 days...after 10 drinks I doubt anyone can tell the difference...I was a wine director on cruise ships.

Message 36 of 64
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@dnasilver wrote:

It is not illegal for an individual in their own home to put liquor in a bottle. They can put it in a bathtub if they want.

~*My preference, always.*~

Jungle juice, anyone? 😋

'Purple Jesus' in Tennessee. (Usually, it's served in the sink, though.) Saw it in a bathtub at a toga party once. 🤙

Message 37 of 64
latest reply

Lots of people collect alcohol bottles.  Shipping is very expensive now .  I figure that bottle probably is travelling at the 3 to 4 lb shipping weight. Very pricey.  Some collect wine corks.  Some collect the label off wine bottles. 

Message 38 of 64
latest reply

Heck, some people collect empty beer cans. Go figure.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 39 of 64
latest reply

Remy Martin Louis bottle empty selling for $379.00 on eBay...because it's crystal...and I remember if you return it to manufacturer to refill it you get a discount on that cognac....otherwise it costs $5000. without tax.

Message 40 of 64
latest reply

People who use decanters do this every day: open the liquor bottle, put in the decanter, put it on the shelf or in the tantalus.

You might be thinking of putting the cheap plonk in the expensive treasure bottle for resale?

Message 41 of 64
latest reply

"No reasonable person"

More precisely,

"No person who knows the actual value of an item in question"

Message 42 of 64
latest reply

Blank VHS tapes for people who time shift TV? Or who use recordable CDs to burn play lists for the car?  😉

Message 43 of 64
latest reply

I use (empty) toilet paper rolls when shipping Matchbox/Johnny Lightning/(etc.) cars that are loose from the original packaging.  When I run into a big estate collection of those little things, there's just not enough TP use in my entire family to get as much as I need!

Message 44 of 64
latest reply

Getting caught and losing their liquor license. Ultimately not worth it for saving a few bucks on cheap hooch.

Message 45 of 64
latest reply