cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Guide For Trading Cards Disabled?

Has the Price Guide for trading cards been disabled or removed from the app?

I noticed today in the Android app it is no longer showing the price guide banner at the top of searches for trading cards like it used to and I don't see any other way to access it.

sportcardsearch.jpeg

tyler@ebay  @mobile_feedback marlin@collectibles  - any idea if this is a glitch, planned change, or temporary take down like the image search feature?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Price Guide For Trading Cards Disabled?

I

Noticed the same thing when I was listing some sports cards.  Used to get the trending prices for items now it's gone.  It was a good, useful feature.  Best of luck in the New Year.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

I think it's just a temporary glitch or something to include the 2022 product. They've been pushing it too hard to just have it vanish. That's a good price on that 9.5 Trout by the way lol

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

@mr.emk wrote:

I

Noticed the same thing when I was listing some sports cards.  Used to get the trending prices for items now it's gone.  It was a good, useful feature.  Best of luck in the New Year.

Thanks for the confirmation @mr.emk  - glad it's not just me!

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@wildpitchsports wrote:

I think it's just a temporary glitch or something to include the 2022 product. They've been pushing it too hard to just have it vanish. That's a good price on that 9.5 Trout by the way lol

Thanks @wildpitchsports  -  hoping it is just a temporary glitch. 🤞

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for the heads-up @valueaddedresource - I'll escalate this and let you know when I hear back (there have been no announced deprecations of this feature that I'm aware of).

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

it never was working right whenever I looked at it, it always tried to classify graded and ungraded in the same boat then take the average so you could never trust the price it quoted 

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@valueaddedresource , @mr.emk , @wildpitchsports ... thank you for bringing this to our attention! I reached out to our production people yesterday so they are aware of it.  Wish I had more substance to provide you at this time, but once I receive some feedback on the issue I can provide an update. Thanks again for your support and utilizing the Price Guide & Collection tools on our app.  All the best in the upcoming new year as well! Talk to you soon - Marlin

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

marlin@collectibles wrote:

@valueaddedresource , @mr.emk , @wildpitchsports ... thank you for bringing this to our attention! I reached out to our production people yesterday so they are aware of it.  Wish I had more substance to provide you at this time, but once I receive some feedback on the issue I can provide an update. Thanks again for your support and utilizing the Price Guide & Collection tools on our app.  All the best in the upcoming new year as well! Talk to you soon - Marlin

tyler@ebay  & marlin@collectibles  - thanks for the follow up and getting this to the production team!

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

@valueaddedresource @mr.emk @wildpitchsports @jathibo-12 tyler@ebay  ... good news, the issue of the missing banner for Price Guide has been resolved. This tool is up and running again!  Thanks again for your patience. Take care - Marlin

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Thanks Marlin.  Best of luck in the New Year!

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@jathibo-12 ... After you get into the tool, you can then specify your search by being more specific in the description of the card. For instance,  you can make a request searching results for PSA 9 or PSA 10 cards of a specific player based on the year/company/set, or even check on the results for a certain variation card of a player again based on the year/company/set. The initial search into the tool, via the banner, will populate most cards when you just enter the name of a player (STC) or the name of a character (CCG). Hope that helps clarify the search properties a little better. -Marlin

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

marlin@collectibles wrote:

@valueaddedresource @mr.emk @wildpitchsports @jathibo-12 tyler@ebay  ... good news, the issue of the missing banner for Price Guide has been resolved. This tool is up and running again!  Thanks again for your patience. Take care - Marlin

Thanks marlin@collectibles  glad they were able to get it resolved so quickly!

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Sadly, it appears to have gone down again this month. Are others having an issue again, too? I'd take a screenshot but it's literally the same as the OP (minus the Trout). 

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@anthondamic-8 wrote:

Sadly, it appears to have gone down again this month. Are others having an issue again, too? I'd take a screenshot but it's literally the same as the OP (minus the Trout). 

@anthondamic-8  it's currently working for me on the Android app. If you still aren't seeing it, what are you searching for and which version of the app are you using?

Message 15 of 27
latest reply