cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post office was closed on Monday May 31, but eBay has penalized me for "non-uploaded" shipments

Just checked my eBay dashboard, which now grades me below 97%, due to 7 items "not being uploaded."    Most of those low gradings occurred on May 31 (Memorial Day), when U. S. Post Offices were CLOSED!  

When the post office opened again on June 1, all those shipments were uploaded on time -- and most of them have been received by the buyers, without any complaints about being "late."

I've complained to the "powers-that-be" in the Philippines; but I have no trust in eBay's "foreign legion."

Sounds like quite a few of us also have had our dashboard scores lowered.

What a way to run an American-based company.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Post office was closed on Monday May 31, but eBay has penalized me for "non-uploaded" shipments

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello everyone - I just wanted to let you know that our tech team has let us know this has been resolved. More details can be found in our announcement here. Thank you for your patience while we got this corrected. 

Brittanie,
Community Team

View Best Answer in original post

Message 30 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Yes, seems like several posted about this today.

Sorry to hear this is an issue - have you reached out to them to have a call-back to see if they can resolve for you?

Good luck and let us know if this gets resolved timely.  

Perhaps message on Facebook if it gets closer to the 20th of the month with no resolution?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

This happened to me also. Have 3 items from holiday weekend that are listing as no scan, but if I check the shipping they were scanned in time and received promptly. A glitch I hope they will fix. Not sure at this point if I want to bother trying to call at this time. Always something.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

This has been a chronic problem for years - I think these defects will be reversed.  This has happened before.  Labor Day is another they keep 'forgetting'.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 34
latest reply

This has happened to multiple sellers. The failure of eBay to hire individuals who program and understand that Memorial Day is a biggie Holiday in the USA is a complete and total failure of eBay leadership. Maybe the USA does not matter to eBay or all those who fought so eBay could be protected by the USA! eBay should be sending an apology and fixing their error. Spitting on those who fought for your freedoms is truly sad. Stand up and admit your errors and fix them eBay!

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

@dnasilver wrote:

This has happened to multiple sellers. The failure of eBay to hire individuals who program and understand that Memorial Day is a biggie Holiday in the USA is a complete and total failure of eBay leadership. Maybe the USA does not matter to eBay or all those who fought so eBay could be protected by the USA! eBay should be sending an apology and fixing their error. Spitting on those who fought for your freedoms is truly sad. Stand up and admit your errors and fix them eBay!

It's just bad coding.  Yes, they need to fix it, but nobody is denigrating anything by it - it isn't the first holiday they've messed up.  I have no idea why they can't manage what every other site does, including those funky little mobile sites.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

I have 4 ebay sites and I received no tracking on all 4 of them

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

I would advise all sellers to put their store in time away mode before any upcoming public holiday, ebay is not supposed to ding you for holidays when post office is closed but they do. So protect your account and be in time away mode next holiday. Op complain to ebay for business on Facebook and they should remove the dings.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

brian@ebay 

brittanie@ebay 

Can anyone sort out this shipping snafu for these folks?

They're getting dinged for not getting a scan on Memorial Day, USPS was closed. 

Please and Thank you.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

me too, they have listed "Not uploaded at all 2  - 1.34%" which complete bulls*** all my tracking is uploaded within few hours of sale and sent either same or next day! 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Crazy. Didn't even notice until now. Item sold on 5/30 and tracking uploaded and package accepted on 6/1. And finally delivered on 6/5. And it shows as tracking not uploaded.

Even if 5/31 not been a holiday, I would have been well within the 3 business day handling time.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

I contacted Ebay first thing this morning as I had this issue along with many others.  Just received a message that they removed the defect since the tracking was uploaded on time (I always buy ebay shipping labels).  If you have not contacted them yet, I would.  I am hoping since so many people are having this issue that Ebay would review and remove defects accordingly.  

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@nilis13 wrote:

I contacted Ebay first thing this morning as I had this issue along with many others.  Just received a message that they removed the defect since the tracking was uploaded on time (I always buy ebay shipping labels).  If you have not contacted them yet, I would.  I am hoping since so many people are having this issue that Ebay would review and remove defects accordingly.  

Good on you!

Thanks for the update.. Would be nice if they just clear them ALL via their system.. 

That would be the right thing to do.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this is what I pay $100 a month for for an ebay store, so that when ebay's script kiddies mess up the website, I have to take my own time out of my day as if I'm not busy enough to fix ebay's mistakes.   Sounds like I should be filing a charge-back against ebay when they try to collect my subscription this month due to breach of contract.  

Keep in mind that this does affect your ability to sell things on here too.   Ebay's search engine will put your listings lower in the results especially if you're like me and had 30 late shipments suddenly due to ebay's script kiddies not being able to program a website. 

If ebay doesn't have this fixed today I'll be cancelling my yearly store subscription and putting a stop payment on ebay incase they try to penalize me for cancelling early.  As far as I'm concerned what ebay is doing here is a breach of contract. 

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

I have ran into this a number of times as well. It usually happens when a holiday doesn't fall on the same date each year like July 4th or December 25th. It drives me nuts that they cannot program in Federal Holidays. Those rarely change. The post office publishes a list of holidays they are not open on.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply