cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Sales since GTC started

We have all heard from the sellers claiming that GTC is hurting their sales and I can empathize. These seem to be the sellers who listed primarily with the short duration fixed price listings (less than 30 days). 

I would like to hear from the sellers who have always used GTC or 30 day FP listings that are seeing the positive side to this...

I have always used the 30 day option on my Fixed Price listings and track my numbers historically. My sales are up 27%, year over year, since GTC took effect on March 18th (thru today).

Any other sellers out there, who have always used 30 day FP listings and/or GTC prior to this change, that are seeing positive sales numbers since March 18th? 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Positive Sales since GTC started

I've used strictly GTC for many years now.

My sales at a glance section shows that I'm up 25% from 30 days ago. Most likely that isn't due to GTC but before and after income tax filings. I'm up 32% from same period a year ago, but also I think that's primarily due to the growth I've been focusing on month after month and not because of the GTC issue.

For the type of seller I am, I think that the GTC issue won't change your sales (up or down) nearly as much as many other areas that you can control.

Message 2 of 53
latest reply

I've used GTC on all my IDs for years.

My spreadsheet has all sales from all IDs.

I sell internationally and list on both dotCOM and dotCA (where the new policy will not take effect until July1).

The number of sales from March 15 to March 18 is down slightly (about 5%) but the value of sales is up slightly (about 10%).

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

I have only been selling for about 4 years and when I list BIN it has always been 30 Day Fixed and I have used/clicked on the GTC a few times or more. But I don't believe any of my items stayed listed for longer than 30 days !! I usually always list my BIN on the 2nd or 3rd day of the month and will do the same now with GTC in place !! For me personally it doesn't matter !! I won't answer how my sales are after GTC went into effect !! I have no problems !! Good Luck

Message 4 of 53
latest reply

@rdj831 wrote:

Any other sellers out there, who have always used 30 day FP listings and/or GTC prior to this change, that are seeing positive sales numbers since March 18th? 

I'm not a big seller, but I've used GTC since 2012 and sales are about normal.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 53
latest reply

OK so far  your post got 4 replies. Your almost begging people to say Yay were with you. My sales are up ?  NOT !!!!  Just think 1000s of people on here and 4 agreeing with you. Sad isnt it. Dont get me wrong Im glad for you if you are a real person and not just a fake ebay implant. Im glad it works for you. I dont have REACCURING ITEMS. I have buy it once and their gone items. So now everytime i list something they go to the back of a million listing when MY ads dont work with that.  The thing is half my inventory WAS GTC items where I had more than one but the other half  I listed the other way I did very well with. See the problem lies with in the people like you. Ya know you contradict yourself.  You say your sales went up since GTC but in another mouth your saying you have ALWAYS USED IT.  See if you always used it then they didnt go up BECAUSE of GTC. Your statement must read ....Wow I never used GTC i always used the 10 days or less and now that I went to GTC My sales went Up WooHoo. Then and only then can you say it went up since the change. Thats why nobody is replying to you Your probably an ebay plant. If your not then understand IF and only IF your sales went up it wasnt the GTC if you ALWAYS BEEN USING IT. 

Message 6 of 53
latest reply

I’m showing steady numbers, no drop.

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

@rock_crushers_unlimited 

The post has only been live for 2-1/2 hours. I wasn't expecting a huge response at all but  given that it is Friday afternoon, it is hardly surprising.

I am far from an eBay plant, but I am a seller who wants to hear a little good news and positivity from people. Never said that my sales went up due to GTC. It is far too early for that data to be clear. My OP indicates that I am up 27% in that time frame over last year at the same time. That's all! No contradiction.

Thank you for adding content to this thread that has nothing to do with my original question! 

Message 8 of 53
latest reply

My sales do not seem affected. However my life is easier now that I do not have to deal with listings that end and have to be relisted. Unfortunately I need to be less lazy and work with the new system to monitor my listings, remove ones that are stale, etc. 

Message 9 of 53
latest reply

@keziak 

Same here. My listings take normally anywhere from 1 to 90 days to sell. Just depends on color and varying shell patterns. It is much easier with the automatic renewal. I use sku numbers at the ends of my titles that I can reference to the original listing date. I also use a date code at the end of the description as a backup.

Message 10 of 53
latest reply

@rdj831 

Before the GTC announcement, I always used 30 day fixed price and some auctions.  I started changing my listings over to GTC on March 1st so that I could get used to it with my personal listing schedule. 

I have experienced a slight drop in sales compared to last year at this time.  However, when reviewing my own sales data from last year, I can clearly see the drop in sales is due to little to no sales occurring on auction style listings and nothing at all to do with GTC.  Currently, I am not offering any auction style listings and concentrating on bringing more fixed price listings on board.  I will have to wait and see. 

Best of luck to you and I hope your sales continue to grow. 

Message 11 of 53
latest reply

I just experimented with auctions, although I’ve used GTC since it started. I was just impressed with what folks were saying about short durations.

So I put up 4 auctions, 3 day duration with BO, and already sold one.

Message 12 of 53
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

I just experimented with auctions, although I’ve used GTC since it started. I was just impressed with what folks were saying about short durations.

So I put up 4 auctions, 3 day duration with BO, and already sold one.

That is great!  I hope the other 3 sell, as well.  

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

My sales are down, but not because of the GTC change.  Honestly, I was using gtc for the mass majority of my listings anyways.  It really does serve your interest because for those that list for a limited time and relist, you lose any watchers you have.  Whereas gtc rolls over those watchers which to my knowledge each of which gets a notification as it gets closer to the end of the 31 day mark.  And we all know that once you get about 10 watchers ebay adds a little badge to your listing stating the number of watchers on that item, and that definitely increases the chances of one of my items selling.  That being said, i do feel like this rule should not be forced upon us, you should be able to choose whether you want it to list it for only shorter duration.  Taking away options from your customers is almost never going to be cheered, and in this case it shouldnt be. Give the seller the choice, this is a policy thing, has nothing to do with operational costs, and completely necessary to encumber people. 

Message 14 of 53
latest reply

No kidding!

I got home from work last night and my plumber told me my whole line is cracked and my Gardner showed me a bee hive has moved into my attic!

Where’s the screaming emoji?

Message 15 of 53
latest reply