cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain to me..............

Why I had a Michael Jordan RC reprint removed from eBay for the reason that reprints are not allowed but 11 Wayne Gretzky RC reprints sold in March & there is 7 active listings for the same Gretzky card?!  Absolute nonsense!  Especially when you advertise it as a reprint, what is the problem?  People cannot afford the original so they wish to purchase something similar for a reasonable price.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Please explain to me..............

Some sellers get notice and some don't get notice for awhile but will eventually. I don't know the exact title you used but there are certain words that we have to be careful to use or the item will be removed. I believe we cannot use the word "antique" might be one. I am not sure about the word "vintage" as well.

So, people looking at stuff on eBay to buy can also red flag an item for sale if they feel something is wrong about it in wording.

For me, I can't sell Iranian stamps....but sellers are selling them in the USA. The bigger sellers seem to get away with it.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

it's called selective discrimination

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

AUTHORIZED reproductions are allowed..not fake counterfeit ones.

NEVER go by what others do.. always use ebay policy.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/autographed-items-certificates-authen...

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

Why I had a Michael Jordan RC reprint removed from eBay for the reason that reprints are not allowed but 11 Wayne Gretzky RC reprints sold in March & there is 7 active listings for the same Gretzky card?!

Because eBay has over a billion listings and their policy enforcement has never been 100% comprehensive, timely, or accurate.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

"Selective policy/rule enforcement" is another way to say it.  

"Playing Favorites" is the old timey way to say it.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

The robots reject the word reprint in the titles of cards these days, even when they are authorized reprints with the name reprint in the official Beckett name of the card. Those other listings you see have likely been up for years or were listed via a third party tool. 

Also, if you were actually selling a fake card, then what in the world did you expect?

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

What do you mean by, "What in the world do you expect?"  Last time I had a Jordan RC reprint for sale, I got $75 for it.  1 of the Gretzky reprints was up for auction & sold for over $52.  People cannot afford $4,000-10,000 for an original so some want to have a cheaper copy.   Some even send those in for grading.  The grading companies accept them a collectible sports card.  Sorry but you do not speak for everyone.  🙂

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

@rugerskick wrote:

"Selective policy/rule enforcement" is another way to say it.  

"Playing Favorites" is the old timey way to say it.

You're saying the OP's listing was taken down because ebay doesn't like the OP and the listings that remain are people who ebay likes more than the OP? I doubt that.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

Why I had a Michael Jordan RC reprint removed from eBay for the reason that reprints are not allowed but 11 Wayne Gretzky RC reprints sold in March & there is 7 active listings for the same Gretzky card?!  Absolute nonsense!  Especially when you advertise it as a reprint, what is the problem?  People cannot afford the original so they wish to purchase something similar for a reasonable price.

The "problem" is that there are two kinds of reproduction cards, legal ones and illegal ones. eBay feels that the card you listed may not be a legitimate "reprint".

slippinjimmy_0-1680158828855.png

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Some sellers get notice and some don't get notice for awhile but will eventually. I don't know the exact title you used but there are certain words that we have to be careful to use or the item will be removed. I believe we cannot use the word "antique" might be one. I am not sure about the word "vintage" as well.

So, people looking at stuff on eBay to buy can also red flag an item for sale if they feel something is wrong about it in wording.

For me, I can't sell Iranian stamps....but sellers are selling them in the USA. The bigger sellers seem to get away with it.

I use the word "antique" in a lot of my listings and I don't think I've ever had any of them removed.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

The problem with “reprint for cheaper pricing” is that it isn’t real. I sell concert posters that come from the shows they are all limited signed by the artist and numbered meaning only a few exist in circulation. When people start “reprinting” them (which they try too) they are making more then is numbered and copying an artist work and a bands name without permission. In my opinion you might as well “reprint” money and call it legit 

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

A reprint of any of the posters you have does not hurt the value of what you have.  A reprint does not mean more of those posters exist.  If 1 of your posters is worth $200, it will keep that value.  A copy might sell for $5-10.  So what?  It does not make the poster 'legit' as you like to say.  Comparing it to reprinting money is ridiculous.  EVERYTHING gets copies.  Centuries old paintings get copied; ancient Ming Dynasty vases get copied.  Etc.  Selling any of those as real is fraud.  A crime.  Just like printing money.  It is 'legit' to sell something as long as you inform the buyer it is not an original.  Copies do not decrease the value of the originals.  

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

It is 'legit' to sell something as long as you inform the buyer it is not an original.  

kyle@ebay 

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

kayomi@ebay 

Is the above statement in accordance with eBay's policy regarding counterfeit/replica/reprint items?

Thanks!

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

Well.......it must be since 11 Gretzky RC reprints have been sold on eBay just in March.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply