cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance

Is there anyway to speak to someone in help anymore?  I spoke to someone at eBay some time ago.  My Top Seller status got removed because of an issue that I have no record of.  (I would like an explanation, again of that issue) I was in a bad spot  with our family, health issues, and decided that I would come back when things had improved in our family and clear  things up with eBay. As you can see, I have had a 100% Feedback for a long time.  I was, for quite a while, a Power Seller.  My customers have ALL left very kind remarks about the items I sold or how nicely they were treated.  When I called before, I asked for my account to be returned to it's Top Seller status as I couldn't afford to lose the profit that is lost with poor seller performance.  Nothing was done.  In the meantime,  I haven't been able to sell because of same family issues.  My husband of 67 years passed away on November 10 of this year.  Needless to say, it has been very difficult to deal with losing him.  I am now a widow with two bedrooms full of brand-new items that have been purchased to sell on eBay.  My Social Security has been cut by more than half.  I am anxious to make my eBay business grow again, as in the past.  Would it be possible to either have my account returned to it's former status or to have a telephone call to discuss this matter.  I noticed on the recording that you now have me a limit off selling 5  items or $200.00.  That is unreal to me.  My Feedback tells you that I haven't had issues for years.  I had no control over my husband's illness death.  I do have a copy of his death certificate if you care to see it.  I am not young and don't have years to accomplish my eBay goals.  I have worked hard, in the past, to follow eBay rules.  Please make this happen for me.  I would really appreciate help on this account.  Thank you,  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Performance

Sorry, there's not and if you did, it wouldn't change anything. There are requirements to be a top rated seller inclucing $XX in a 12 month period (I believe $1000) and XX amount of transactions. 

If you've been 'absent' from doing business, you simply have to start over as there is no valid reason to ever circumvent those 2 requirements. 

• An eBay account that’s been active for at least 90 days.
  • 100 or more transactions and $1,000 in sales during the last 12 months with US buyers.

There are other requirements but they would not pertain to you. 

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it; if you want to start selling again, just start selling. Most buyers don't even know what a Top Rated Seller is, and only if you qualify for Top Rated Plus- is a 'badge' shown anyway. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Performance

Sorry to hear you've had some troubles.

Because there was a long gap in your selling and because it sounds like you've been demoted to Below Standard rating (you mentioned higher fees), the limit of 5 items / $200 is not going to be changed until you build up your track record again. Best advice is to list your 5 most in-demand items, describe well, pack well, ship on time with tracking and build up some solid sales. eBay won't adjust your limits until you start performing to their standards.

Feedback has absolutely zero bearing on seller performance ratings so you can take that out of the mix.

You might have lost Top Rated status regardless of any defects because you have to maintain a certain sales volume to keep TRS. Nothing eBay CS is going to do to restore that if you're below the threshold of 100 transactions / $1k in last 12 months of sales.

Sounds like you were demoted down to Below Standard because you mentioned higher fees. Have you viewed your seller dashboard? It will show you any defects on your account and you can expand the details to see which transaction caused the issue. It's likely long past the time where eBay could take any kind of action on it. The appeals window is pretty short.

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply