cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments

Why does it take so long for funds to be deposited into my checking account? In the past, PayPal was immediate, now after 4 days, I'm still waiting for the money to show-up. I can't (won't) ship the item(s) until I've been paid and this reflects poorly on my turn-around time. Anyone else having this delay?

D

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Payments

Yes, 4 days is a good average, just remember nothing happens on weekends. As to shipping, most MP sellers ship when eBay says to and use their pending funds to buy the label. If you want to do that you just change the payment option when you buy the label. Otherwise, you need to change your handling time to 4-5 days, which will probably hurt your sales.  Buyers want fast shipping.

Payments

@mndbball wrote:

Why does it take so long for funds to be deposited into my checking account?

In the past, PayPal was immediate, now after 4 days, I'm still waiting for the money to show-up.

For over 20 years, you held onto eBay's final value fees for 30 days after you got immediate payment from PayPal.

Now eBay takes their final value fees immediately, and you wait a week for your payment. So it's only fair?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Payments

PayPal was only immediate because they would front or loan the money before they actually had it. Managed Payments functions as an actual processor with a middle man (eBay) so it takes a business day or two for the money to be available. And then another business day or three to go from eBay/Ayden to your bank.

You're on Managed Payments. Probably on weekly payouts. If the money is showing up in the Payments tab, then you should see the money transfer tomorrow or next week if it's still processing. If you buy labels through eBay, you can change it to buy the label through your existing payments or PayPal.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Payments

Why does it take so long for funds to be deposited into my checking account? In the past, PayPal was immediate, now after 4 days, I'm still waiting for the money to show-up. I can't (won't) ship the item(s) until I've been paid and this reflects poorly on my turn-around time. Anyone else having this delay?

Because PayPal was not a bank and took more risk which can become more costly to you.  eBay through Ayden is regulated to Business Days which do not include weekends, and that includes the extra day your own bank accepts a payment of cash.  Moreover, PayPal's "immediate" was with an additional fee; otherwise, when you made the transaction with a stash, you still had to wait a day.

You have to ship the item when eBay says so, the cash will come and the shipping cost can be subtracted from your pending payment.  I don't know 'bout you, but good riddance PayPal.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Payments

Why does it take so long for funds to be deposited into my checking account?

Because that is how the ACH settlement process works. Roughly speaking, it takes 2 days to settle the buyer's payment into eBay's bank, and another 2 days to settle eBay's bank transfer to your account.

In the past, PayPal was immediate

PayPal was immediate because PayPal is more than a payment processor - it is also a balance account. Because it is a balance account, PayPal can "front" you the money before it actually settles by making a deposit to your PayPal account. Managed Payments is licensed to process payments, but to to manage balance accounts.

I can't (won't) ship the item(s) until I've been paid and this reflects poorly on my turn-around time.

It doesn't just reflect poorly on your. It reflects poorly on eBay itself, because it erodes buyer experience when sellers refuse to ship on time.

Anyone else having this delay?

Everyone in Managed Payments - which by the end of the year will be every seller on eBay.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Payments

It's a really bad idea to delay shipping until your money is in your bank account... a REALLY bad idea.

You could be losing sales from buyers that shouldn't have to wait longer for their purchase to arrive, and they don't give a rat's patootie about when their payment gets to your bank account - they want their item ASAP. They could reject you and be buying from another seller who ships immediately after Ebay tells them to ship. On top of that, there is no reason why you have to wait to ship - you can use your pending balance to buy Ebay shipping labels.

I still ship most of my items by using stamps.com either the same day as the order and payment, or the next business day. And I have never lost one penny of my pending MP payments.

When Ebay says to ship, you need to ship ASAP. Your money is ALREADY SECURED. It's only a matter of 2-3 business days for the proceeds to be transferred to your bank account. I don't know of any business model that cannot adjust to a delay of 2-3 business days. When you use a credit card at a store, the owner of the store doesn't keep you from taking your purchase with you until the money is in his bank account, does he? Think about it and keep things in perspective.

You waited one week, two weeks, a month or maybe more for your employer to pay you, because that was their payroll model. And you didn't complain that you didn't get your hourly pay deposited immediately, right? Because you had no choice but to adapt. It's the same here. It's Ebay's sandbox, and they make the rules.

The "good ol' days" of PayPal is no more, and a mere few days to wait for the actual deposit into your bank account is not a problem that you cannot adjust to. All the successful sellers here have already adjusted to it and are still making money.

Cheers, Duffy 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Payments

I get several deposits in my bank a week from MP. No money on weekends. The slowest part is the processing time. Have you got your payouts set to daily? If so and still slow perhaps try a different bank? PayPal use to front up the money for sellers instantly when paid, MP should start doing that but I don't think they will. I ship when payment is cleared in MP, not when it hits my bank. I don't feel its good practice to keep buyers waiting for the bank transfers to complete.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Payments

If you plan to continue to sell on Ebay you need to change your mindset. Put some cash into your bank account to cover shipping cost. Once you have enough sales and $$ into that account you need not worry about shipping cost anymore. Holding a buyer's item hostage is a really bad idea.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply