cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment cancel issue

so if I send item that I sell but the item is arriving today and it’s out for delivery but I cancel it a day before it arrived do I still get paid from it ? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Payment cancel issue

@luart-9 wrote:

so if I send item that I sell but the item is arriving today and it’s out for delivery but I cancel it a day before it arrived do I still get paid from it ? 

If I am understanding you correctly.

You sold an item, you shipped it. It's out for delivery and you cancelled it before it arrived? 

Nope, your not getting paid if you cancelled the  transaction. What you did was give your buyer a free item. 

Why did you cancel the transaction after you shipped? 

The way to cancel is BEFORE the item leaves your possession. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Payment cancel issue

@luart-9 wrote:

makes no sense..............

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Payment cancel issue

Are you saying you cancelled the sale & refunded the buyer yesterday? 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Payment cancel issue

Yes that what exactly happen but I need get my money back someway because I can’t just sell free item should I call eBay and talk to them ?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Payment cancel issue

@luart-9 wrote:

Yes that what exactly happen but I need get my money back someway because I can’t just sell free item should I call eBay and talk to them ?

Nope, as far as eBay is concerned the transaction is done. eBay can't force the buyer to pay.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Payment cancel issue

You gave the buyer a Christmas present.   Why did you refund the payment?  Were you supposed to refund a different buyer?  The only thing that you can do is ask the buyer that you made a mistake and you need the item to be returned to you.  ASK  them to NOT open the package.  Ask them to write RETURN TO SENDER and to please take it to the post office or give it to the carrier.    ONLY  a very honest person is going to do that.

You will need to be more careful when doing refunds.  Ebay is NOT going to give you anything. Sorry.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Payment cancel issue

@luart-9 

If you call ebay, which there is no phone no, you're going to get the same answer that @ebooksdiva gave you.  You're going to be out the money and the item as well since you don't take returns.  Here's a link on Ebays money back guarantee you should read up on:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

No returns, does not mean no refunds.  Hard lesson here.  Sorry.  

Good luck with future sales. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Payment cancel issue

This is meant in the kindest way -- you really should read more about selling on eBay.    

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Payment cancel issue

Missing some details here. Did you ship the item BEFORE the buyer paid or after? You should NEVER ship an item until the buyer has paid. It sounds like you did exactly that and now the buyer has no reason to pay for the item if you have canceled the order. If the buyer paid before you shipped and the funds were on hold pending item delivery and you canceled the order the buyer will receive the funds back and will eventually receive their "Christmas present". 

Depending on the reason you selected when you canceled the order you may also be on the hook for the payment of the eBay FVF's on top of refunding the buyer. Make sure you have enough in your checking account to cover the fees. Hopefully this was not an expensive item. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply