cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing slip auto messages

We appreciate the options Ebay lets you choose for your packing slip content. We like to have the option to provide customized packing slip message content, its gone!

Another unsolicited  change enacted by Ebay.  <facepalm>

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Packing slip auto messages

I'm guessing this means the personalized option is gone forever. Do you know? 

I have used the packing slip message as a way to follow-up in the last step of the sale regarding feedback and what to do if there are any issues. I guess now I'm going to have to go into another program and print my own message on a second sheet of paper to include it. 

If anyone at eBay is reading this--This change is NOT HELPFUL!

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@rockz1101 wrote:

We appreciate the options Ebay lets you choose for your packing slip content. We like to have the option to provide customized packing slip message content, its gone!

Another unsolicited  change enacted by Ebay.  <facepalm>

As of about 2 minutes ago I still see the ability to edit my "packing slip" for each individual sale.

edit packing slip.jpg

@petec74 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I chatted with support. The option to customize your message on Packing Slip is gone and not likely to return.

As for me, I'll be creating my own slip in a word processor with the customized message I like to send to all buyers. (The addresses and eBay logo aren't really necessary for me.) I'll be able to print three of these to page, saving me paper and a little money. Sometimes being forced to adapt to change brings about a better solution. 🙂

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I support your viewpoint and go with the flow solution! 

All sellers having been with Ebay for awhile, have learned to be ebay-adaptarians! 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Now getting the new eBay packing slip.

Not sure what they are trying to accomplish.

Perhaps they think they are making life easier for the seller. It isn't any easier for me. My packing slip message was there. Now I have extra steps to complete the process. How will I ever decide which wonderful message to include😊  Not a big deal. Now the buyer will get a generic" thank you.

I always use a packing slip so the buyer can match their purchase history to what arrived.  Also there with the to/from in the unlikely event that the package label gets torn/lost, or the item is misdelivered, and opened for some unknown reason.

Now the packing slip spans my entire sheet of paper side to side. More paper to go in the shipment.  Before I could trim off about a 3 X 3 to use for scrap paper.  Great for notes to carry from the shipping area back upstairs to the computer area.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

When I go to bulk shipping, it gives me the option to print out postage label first or my old packing slip, I have continued to use my old packing slip, since it gives the title of the item purchased, and my sentiments, etc. I have been printing the labels and put them in the personalized thank you card, with an feedback card, I found on ebay, it's so much easier than begging for feedback with these cards. In my thank you card, I do mention the item and let them know if they should have any issues please contact me immediately via ebay, since I strive very hard to work with my customers. There are many times, I get no packaging label, have no clue who is is from, and it's turned out to be the wrong item shipped, after looking at my purchases.  Have a Safe & Healthy Summer. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

One of the main reasons I use packing slips is to match the item to the mailing label in order to avoid mixups.  Another reason is in case anything happens to the outer packaging or mailing label.  Now that they've removed the buyer's name and address and the shipper's name and address, the packing slip is useless.  

And the canned messages (with exclamation points!) in quotes are childish.  

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@emerald_door wrote:

One of the main reasons I use packing slips is to match the item to the mailing label in order to avoid mixups.  Another reason is in case anything happens to the outer packaging or mailing label.  Now that they've removed the buyer's name and address and the shipper's name and address, the packing slip is useless.  

And the canned messages (with exclamation points!) in quotes are childish.  

Yes, a packing slip without buyer/seller info would be useless.  I have not seen that so far. I also use mine for final match up at the shipping table as I cut the sheets of paper, verify the item, and tape up the box. I hope I don't get the useless slip change.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Add me to the list of upset sellers.  No custom message availability and the dumb options available are pathetic.  It's as bad as the customer service.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I ALWAYS take time to add a handwritten comment and thank you withe buyer's name on the packing slip and get gobs of great communication on my feedback. Takes awhile but it is worth it.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

One of the perks that comes with Six-Bit is a customizable packing list. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

How did you get to that edit mode?

Message 13 of 13
latest reply