cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping Free Listing Offers

I just got an offer on both my accounts for 500 free auction-style or fixed price listings, starting today and ending on the 19th.  This is in addition to the offer for 100 free auction-style or fixed price listings I got that began on Sept 12 and ends tomorrow.  I have never gotten 2 overlapping offers like this - eBay usually spaces them out.  Unfortunately I discovered after activating the 2nd one that all my new listings are now being counted against that one, not the one that expires earlier.  Oh well, I can never use up 500 listings in 5 days anyway.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Overlapping Free Listing Offers

Meanwhile...some get none.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

at had me shaking my head also...but free is free...enjoy

We Don't Want the Government to Shut Down

We Want them to SHUT UP!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I have not gotten any freebies in months!  Grrr......  I use to get so many every month, but when eBay didn't get what they wanted (free returns) I think they quit sending them to me.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

So sorry - wish I could give you half of mine.  There doesn't seem to be any logic to who gets them and how many.  I have never had more than 200 items up at one time but they send me offers for 500 that must be used in 5 days.  

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Same here.  I got 100 free listings promo on one of my four accounts that expires tomorrow, and today got the 500 free promo on the same account, but none of the others.   And the account that got all the promos has the fewest listings and the lowest priced items - no free shipping, no free returns, and no promoted listings.   

It is not unusual for eBay to hand out big promos during the third month of the quarter - it increases the number of listings for the quarterly report which was one of the reasons for mandatory GTC.  

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Almost a year since I started a "store" and not one "free" listing promo.

I got them all the time when I only used the 50 free a month but once I start paying for a store.. Nothing

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Ebay usually sends me a free listing promo every month or so. So far, nothing this month. Many of us could sure use one right about now.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I often get one of the 500 free or penny promotions later in the month. We'll see. I use it for auctions and have a lot here I could list, but the sell-through is always pretty blah. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@cathmw wrote:

I just got an offer on both my accounts for 500 free auction-style or fixed price listings, starting today and ending on the 19th.  This is in addition to the offer for 100 free auction-style or fixed price listings I got that began on Sept 12 and ends tomorrow.  I have never gotten 2 overlapping offers like this - eBay usually spaces them out.  Unfortunately I discovered after activating the 2nd one that all my new listings are now being counted against that one, not the one that expires earlier.  Oh well, I can never use up 500 listings in 5 days anyway.

There is a difference in the specifics of the two. The 100 free listings offer applies to new and relisting items, while the 500 offer only applies to new listings.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I got a 100 free auction only listing promo at the beginning of the month on all my accounts - listed 35 auctions ech on two of the accounts all with free shipping - the last ones expire today.    So far one sale - and no bids on the ones ending today. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

while the 500 offer only applies to new listings.

Not the offer I received. 

There is no way eBay could determine what was a "new listing"  and what had been listed before.   I can use sell similar to create an entirely new listing or edit and relist something that ended a month ago.   To eBay they are both new listings.  

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Yes, I got them both, too, which is unusual.  Thanks for the warning about activating the second one while the first is still in play.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

My non store account (averages 50 to 60 listings a month) and one of my store accounts (averages under 100 listings a month) received both of them. My other two store accounts both average over 100 listings a month did not receive either one.

All three are the same level store selling similar items. Don't offer free shipping, international shipping or free returns, actually have no returns. All three stores have most promoted at low rate, which I'm planning on removing. It might have to do with how many listings you average a month. They may be trying to get smaller sellers to list more, who knows.....

I was so excited this morning when I saw the one for 500 on my first store account, hoping to get the other two caught up....Nope....

I would have been happy with the one for 100 as I rarely use them all anyway. I use them to list what few extras I have, some that aren't getting good views & don't have watchers and to spread out any that I bulk list in the same day when I had promos the month before. But this month could have really used them, I have a bunch in my unsold...mostly because I just haven't had the motivation to list them...

Message 14 of 14
latest reply